“Nice airport hotel”

Colours Oasis Resort
Ranked #32 of 78 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 21 June 2013

This is a nice hotel close to the NatureAir airport in San Jose (Tobias Bolanos, SYQ). Other than that, it is far out from the city center. It feels very safe.
The English speaking staff is friendly and welcoming. The hotel serves also as a local gay-friendly bar, and the vibe is light and relaxing.
The rooms are very well equipped and clean, with hot water all day long and decent wifi.
The facility also offers nice jacuzzi, a "business center" with a single computer and several common areas with comfortable sofas.
They offer you a shuttle to SYQ airport for $6 - this is way too much for a very short ride. Try to get your own taxi for a more reasonable price.
After staying and eating there I suffered from a 24-hours stomach ache (only time it happened to me in Costa Rica). I hope this is just a rare incident.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank WhiteSlope

Reviewed 20 May 2013

I stayed here my first night in town before heading into the jungle and it was really perfect for my purposes, with helpful staff to direct you into town, and an easy to get to location from the airport. If you are a trendy traveler, looking for a boutique hotel and "open" atmosphere, this is a good choice.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Natasha_LaBruce
Reviewed 15 May 2013

we are married couple stayed here to party in san jose and still have safe cozy retreat to go home to.I would recomend this hotel for price and personalized service. All of the staff was very friendly and willing to give help or advice.Louis diego was our front desk clerk when we arrived and went above and beyound the call of duty to make our stay excellent.my wife and i are both in hospitality industry and would rather have stayed at this private quiet oasis than in fancier name hotel in san jose.Hotel is located just outside san jose and had 24 hr security. cant wait for return stay

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 6,197
Reviewed 14 May 2013

My friend and I chose to stay at Colours because of its proximity to the US Consulate after her passport (and pretty much everything else) was stolen. Colours was truly an oasis for her after such an ordeal. The place made her feel so safe. We stayed in a small room on the bottom floor, in the corner, which was cozy and felt like a little cave of comfort. Location wise, it just depends on what you are in SJ to do, for how long, and how much you want to pay for taxis. Breakfast was delicious, as were the margaritas. The staff were so helpful and kind. They arranged a taxi/shuttle for me to the airport for $20. The only negative things I would say are in regards to upkeep/maintenance. The ceiling of our room leaked a bit, luckily right near the door where a plant was, but it still made the floor wet. Also, there are two hot tubs, one of which is filled with those Chuck-E-Cheese balls (awesome idea), and they seemed to be a bit dirty and have temperature regulation issues. Fine when you're an adult and can identify when water is too hot to be in, but I'd be cautious with kiddos. Overall though, I will definitely be back and send folks to this hotel when in SJ.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank CocoKueppa
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We stayed in room 18, I personally love that there is mixed crowd. Clean rooms, laundry service, our neighbor chose to have his mom recover there after surgery, she was sweet as a hard candy Christmas. My friend joined a day late, I just had to pencil him in. Another friend rode with us to the airport for a convenient $10 charge. All of the staff went out of there way to make us feel at home. TOTALLY GOING BACK!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank WickedVyrgo
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Nice welcoming, nice boutique hotel, very nice reception lady, we had a great time there, nice pool, its better to get a room around the pool, you feel very at home and welcoming here, it's a great location to discover the city of San José.

Room Tip: choose a room around the pool
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MrSmith74
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Colours Oasis Resort has all the prerequisites to be a home away from home. I liked the complex with all its nooks and crannies and the small pool area with the plants. Sadly, the place did not live up to my expectations. Colours is located in Rohrmoser, an outer district of the capital city of San Jose. One is not really located in downtown San Jose so none of the sites are in walking distance of anything. There is no view such as you would find in places like Escazu or Santa Ana. The entire complex is rather space-constrained. The biggest deficiency for me was the complete lack of any acceptable modern communications infrastructure. I have never seen so many wireless server signals, none of them with any useful signal strength to hook up my cell phone or laptop onto the internet. The one single workstation available for guests seems to be from the 20th century and offers internet connections at absolute snails-pace. I only had faint cell coverage throughout the hotel complex and none whatsoever inside the room. When I travel, being able to communicate is of primary importance. The rooms are clean and the showers functional but you could hear the people in the adjacent rooms cough. The tiny bar has a very limited selection of anything and once I was ready to sample the restaurant food the kitchen had closed down (9:15pm). I was directed to a Costa Rican soda around the corner with an - guess what - excellent wireless signal. I will be thinking twice before checking into Colours Resort again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple