Hotel Cacts
US$86
Adventure Inn(San Jose)
US$147
US$144
Barcelo San Jose(San Jose)
  • Breakfast included
US$82
Official Hotel
US$95
HolidayInn.com
All reviewsbase for exploringsabana parksuperior roomcentral americawalking distancedowntownpillows
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The hotel staff are the best we have found anywhere in our travels. They consistently went out of their way to help us navigate San Jose and make our stay easy and comfortable. Elexca was so helpful to us in booking the room, arranging our pickup from the airport, our rental car and even let us borrow one of the staff to help us find a gas station! Awesome service and friendliness!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I have traveled to San Jose frequently over the years from 1999 onwards. I stayed at a number of hotels in and around San Jose until I found Hotel Cacts, and now I never go anywhere else. It is simply the best the best hotel in terms of comfort, cleanliness, value, safety and service you can find in the region. If you are looking for a hotel in San Jose, look no further, you have found Hotel Cacts. It is a calm cool oasis in the hot bustle of life in San Jose. The owner and staff at Hotel Cacts are also wonderful, genuine people who put you first and go out of their way to help you. Their outlook and the way they treat all people is one of the reasons they have built up such loyal support. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone, you will be happy you stayed here!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This hotel was beautiful! It has a great Costa Rican feel, and it is well managed. The beds were nice, the bathrooms were clean and the staff was very friendly. My favourite part was the balcony. You could see most of San Jose!
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2014

In my opinion, Cacts Hotel is a wonderful experience because the hotel is situated between downtown San Jose and a large beautiful park with a 15 minute walk to both. Cacts is also in a quiet and safe neighborhood with police station across the street, a dentist next door and grocery store 10 minutes walk away. Just 5 minutes walk brings you to a cluster of shops offering excellent handmade leather goods and repair services. The rooms are clean and comfortable, not fancy. If you want to have a genuine Costa Rican experience, with local, extremely pleasant and efficient staff, you must stay at Cacts Hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 2nd floor furthest down the hallway are quieter because they are furthest from the courtyard which tends to echo loud talking and laughing.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 March 2014

My first visit to Hotel Cacts was in 1999 as a member of a group of volunteers heading to Cano Palma Biologica Station near Tortuguero. I have since been a guest at the hotel on a regular basis (10+ visits) with my last visit on February 22nd, 23rd, and March 5th, 2014. My visits to Costa Rica usually involve group travel and I am the person responsible for making arrangements for the group.

All of my experiences at the hotel have been exceptional. From the first visit in 1999, I found the service to be excellent, the rooms very comfortable, clean and affordable. The experience starting with making reservations right through to check out is always reliable and efficient. Communication with Elecxa and the staff at the hotel is great and responses to requests are handled in a professional and timely manner. Most importantly, every member of every group I have taken to the hotel has been very pleased with their experience at the hotel. I have never had a complaint only praise.

I always recommend the hotel to anyone traveling to San Jose and I always stay there when I am in San Jose. For me, there is no other place to stay. The reason for my loyalty to this one hotel is the dedication and hard work of Elecxa and her staff to providing an exceptional experience every time I visit. I also feel it is very important to support local hotels that are owned and operated by individuals rather than large corporations. Elecxa and Hotel Cacts will always have my support because of the service I know I will receive each and every time I visit.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends