“Love the Cristina!”

Ranked #20 of 76 Hotels in San Jose
Burlington, Vermont
“Love the Cristina!”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I stayed a week November 2010 when I was just starting my dental work. I stayed at other places twice in 2011 to experience more of San Jose. Everytime I wish I had stayed again at the Cristina. It's an unbeatable value for the price. We still visited the excellent restaurants in the neighborhood which is very walkable and close to Sabana Park and the supermarket. Next visit, for sure, we will return to the Cristina.

Room Tip: Room facing the street was a little noisy in the morning, but we had the widows open. Rooms inside a...
  • Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AlmostBajan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Czech first
Chandler,AZ
Reviewed 18 September 2011

My husband and I stayed here from Aug. 4th-13th and we were very happy with our stay here.We had a 2 bedroom suite with living area and a nice kitchen with everything but an oven and dishwasher.The staff was very accommodating and they served a really good breakfast everyday.We did laundry there and they even supplied free laundry soap.I was very impressed with how clean it was,there was someone mopping,wiping,or sweeping at all times.The only drawback was the location,you really had to take a cab to get anywhere.There is a soda within walking distance Soda Keren,I would highly recommend for a good ,inexpensive typical Costa Rican meal.

Room Tip: If you aren't up to climbing stairs,ask for a ground floor.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Myself and two girlfriends shared a two bedroom, two bath apartment for 16 nights here.
The apartment was fully furnished and included a fully equipped kitchen with all appliances, cookware, china and utentials. Each bedroom had television with all the cable channels, air conditioning, desk and chair and lots of closet space. Bathrooms each had hair dryers. Front living room had hook-up for free internet. We had daily maid service, so the apartment always remained clean and with fresh towels in the bathrooms and kitchen. The office staff spoke English, and Elizabeth, whom we spoke to most often was always very helpful. The hotel has a swimming pool and next to it a very nice seating area where a breakfast buffet is served every morning from 6:30-10:00 am.
They also offer laundry service or one can wash and dry using the machines on the ground floor. If you need to use a computer, there is one available for guest use there as well. I do recommend paying with cash as you will get a discount. Hotel telephone use cost $ .94 per minute to the US.
Over all I like this hotel and it's staff, charm and cleanliness.
It was a short walk to one of the best Chinese restaurants in the area. Otherwise we took a taxi across town to other establishments costing $2-3 each trip.
I highly recommend eating at the small cafe's called Soda's as other restaurants get quite expensive.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the kitchen area, as it can be very noisy in the mornings.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank emprex
NY
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I stayed here with a friend who was having dental surgery in San Jose. I had booked us a 2 bedroom 1 bath suite, which turned out to be wonderful. Upon arrival we were shown to our room on the 1st level. You walk into a living room/kitchen combo which has everything you need for an extended stay. Not fancy on any level but very comfortable and spotlessly clean. Down a small hall you come to the bedrooms and very large well equipped bathroom. The master bedroom has a king bed , 2 big closets and a set of drawers, along with a safe. The 2nd bedroom was 2 twins and again 2 closets. Plenty of space for everything. What I found delightful was that there were 2 seperate yet private " courtyard gardens" within the unit itself. They were filled with all sorts of plants, yet they were not " in" your room, yet they were not part of the common areas. Very interesting layout. The bedrooms are airconditoned, but the kitchen living areas are not.. but you dont need it with the windows open. The common areas were well maintained and the coffee was delicious 24/7. The included breakfast was also very good. Plenty of choices without being overwhelming. Fresh fruit juices were served as well. There is a pool in the courtyard that looked well kept although I never went in. There is also an Italian resturaunt on the 2nd level that was very good. We never went there but ordered in from them 2 nights ( They deliver - room service)
The staff was charming and helpful and the laundry in the basement came in handy.
This was a great place to stay for our purpose.. very very quiet for those needing to recuperate and super clean. I highly recommend it and am looking forward to returning in a few months as the " dental patient companion ". Pura Vida !

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank DonnaDNY
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Reviewed 22 April 2011

This apartment hotel comes highly recommended but as I was travelling solo and I just needed an overnight airport stop it was the wrong place also as it was Easter weekend pretty much everything except the Subway at the end of the road was closed. Even the staff didn't refill the inclusive tea, coffee etc. There was nothing except an over priced vending machine in the basement.

I detest when taxes aren't shown. I arrived at 11pm at night and left 10pm the next night, which meant paying for 2 nights b&b even though it was less than 24 hours and I missed breakfast overall cost US$144. There is a 7% discount if you pay cash but it was the end of my trip and I didn't have it.

There is no bath tub and the shower pressure is weak and not very hot.

There was no Wi-Fi but there are 4 free computer terminals available 24/7, no speakers, no Skype and no air con and as it is next to the laundry it can get overheated.

There was no kettle
It was noisy.

However taxi drivers are easy to bargain with. On both occasions they said their price. I showed what cash I had and we agreed.

I can't dispute the rooms are spotless and the beds and big, high, comfy and 5 star. Lots of TV channels as well.

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank _cornishpixie7_mk
Cleveland,ohio
Reviewed 28 March 2011

My adult daughter and I spent 12 days here as our home base for a combo dental/vacation. I loved it - great price for longer stays. We had a 2 bedroom/1 bath. Enjoyed breakfast by the pool each day. Plan to return in 6 months

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cnm55
Prince George, Canada
Reviewed 15 March 2011

Sergio and the staff at the Cristina are second to none. They are always doing all they can to make your stay comfortable. The "apartments" are spotless and the staff at the Cristina are always cheerful and extremely helpful. This apartment/hotel is the one we will always go to in San Jose and we have never been dissapointed. The pool is always clean and the breakfasts are always very good and abundant. Very nice to be greeted like family whenever we return. The internet is a wonderful addition as well as the fact that the staff in the lobby speak english. I give this hotel a 10 out of 10 every time I have stayed here. The manager Sergio and his staff do an excellent job at the Cristina.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple