“Excellent Service and Staff”

Apartotel Suites Cristina
Ranked #16 of 78 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Excellent service from the entire staff: From Elizabeth, Marco, Roy, Roberta and Sylvia (just to name a few)! Not to mention Sergio, the General Manager! I will be in Costa Rica in January 2014 and I definitely will be staying at this Hotel. Free pick up from the airport (and return to airport also). This hotel had EVERYTHING I needed. Browse the website and you will see what I am writing about. I have stayed in quite a few hotels in San Jose, and by far this is the BEST one! Price, location, and service will have me staying there again and again!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Service is what makes the difference and we found that our every question was answered; every request (they were reasonable) fulfilled and all done pleasantly. Although we're not cooks, having a full kitchen, especially a big (relative to mini-fridges in most hotels) refrigerator. After having dental surgery, knowing there was a freezer with ice for ice packs and a place to store ice cream (easy to eat) was a relief.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank HPS-TX
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I'm in Costa Rica right now (Nov. 2013) and this is my third stay at the Cristina. I was here in 2009 by myself and in 2011 with my 80-year-old dad ... and I remember now he stayed at the Cristina a few years before that on a trip with my mom. So my family are fans, at this point.

The rooms and suites are lovely and the public spaces are gorgeous and meticulously maintained. If you are traveling for medical or dental care, the Cristina has become a hub -- no matter when you go, you will find other Americans and international visitors who are in Costa Rica for health and dental care.

The free breakfast buffet is awesome. The staff is friendly and helpful.

I've been going to Prisma Dental since 2004; both my parents have been to Prisma and I've recommended my dentists to many friends and acquaintances as well. I understand from reading reviews that some people have been unhappy with their pricing but I'd say that sometimes you pay a little more for experience and quality. I'm not knocking anyone else's choice, but I'm thrilled with Prisma. A bonus of the Cristina is that it's in reasonable walking distance of the Prisma clinic.

Room Tip: Some rooms do not get great wireless service, so if that is important to you be sure to ask when you...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Jeff S
Reviewed 25 October 2013

The combination of a comfortable and clean room, exceptional staff and wonderful food made this a perfect place to recover.
Sergio and his staff are so dedicated to guest service and are always willing to help out in
any way. The food and service is excellent. Breakfast is pool side every morning. And the
perfect place to mingle with other guests and socialize. Several were repeat guests for
dental and plastic surgery and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.
Additionally there is a wonderful Italian restaurant in the hotel that can do room service when
you just want to stay in. I'm from the hotel business and honestly I came away incredibly
impressed at how this wonderful team worked

Room Tip: Interior rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank barbaraann18
Reviewed 25 September 2013

This was one of the several places that we have stayed while having dental work done in San Jose, Costa Rica. Friends had recommended it and it was quite nice. The location is near La Sabana Park although it is a long walk to Drs. Cavallini Dental office it was good exercise. The hotel is clean, the breakfasts are very good, the pool and courtyard are relaxing the staff was easy to work with. They helped get some meds for us as we got sick on the last day there and had to fly out that morning. I would definitely recommend to anyone needing a kitchenette type apt for a longer stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank wonderchildnc
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I recently had a lot of dental work done at Prisma Dental. Since part of my treatment involved oral surgery on both sides of my mouth, plus 4 implants, it was important to me to eat meals in my room and not go out to local restaurants. I also wanted to be able to shop at a local supermarket and prepare my own meals in a kitchenette area. After doing much research and considering all the options, I selected Suites Cristina for the week that I spent in Costa Rica… and I’m glad that I did. The room that I selected was an Executive Suite, since I wanted a bit more room and I wanted to ensure that I had Wi-Fi in my room. The rooms and furnishings were as described on their web site; not ultra-modern, but quite adequate, comfortable and clean. There were a few minor maintenance issues, but I believe that those have since been resolved. I particularly enjoyed breakfast around the pool area. While the selections were not extensive, they were substantial and tasty. Personally, I most enjoyed the coffee, fresh fruits, gallo pinto, eggs, and tropical preserves on toast. The staff was friendly and helpful, and most speak excellent English. As for supermarkets, there’s a Mas X Menos about a 15 minute walk to the east, and an Automercado, with better selection, about a 30 minute walk to the west. In summary, Suites Cristina is a great place to stay, particularly if you have medical recovery or business needs.

While there, I took the opportunity to visit two other competitive B&B and Apartotels in the area. Neither offered the value or quality that Suites Cristina offered. So, when I return to CR in 7 months for additional dental work, there’s no question where I’ll be staying.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank George G
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Second time I staid here, this time for nine nights together with my wife and our little dog, since we are moving to SJO and still waiting for our house to be ready.... The whole staff at the reception, the kitchen, cleaning and repairing etc. are simply wonderfully friendly folks. The apartment had two bedrooms, a kitchen cum dining room cum living room and one bath room. Everything nice and clean and well equipped. Just like you'd wnat and expect it to be.
The location close to the La Sabana Park is superperfect for the-dog-walkers.
They offer secure parking for your rental car.
There's free coffee all day long at the tiny little shop on the groundfloor.
The breakfast is tica-like and very tasty, great fruits and yoghurts too.
Ty to get an apartment not too close to the pool-and-breakfast area, because you might feel like sharing your room with all the other guests. Our recommendation: the 232!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family