“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 85 Hotels in San Jose
Stuart, FL
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Our suite was spacious, extra clean, and comfortable. All staff were exceedingly friendly and helpful. Full breakfast included was varied and excellent. Front desk always open and staff very knowledgeable and able to advise and book tours. Great choice.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Doris S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Czech first
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Aparthotel Cristina is clean, comfortable and the staff are very friendly and helpful.
Conveniently located near Sabana park, Close to excellent restaurants and a casino next door for those who are interested.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ticofred
Vineland, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

This is our third trip to Costa Rica. 5th trip for my aunt. When is San Jose, this is the only place we have ever stayed. Although not luxurious, the suites are clean and comfortable. The staff are consistently friendly and helpful. The front desk staff, especially Elizabeth, go out of their way to make sure our stay is enjoyable. They have arranged excursions, made restaurant reservations, and procured transportation for us. We were having trouble arranging transportation to another part of the country where we planned to spend a few days. We asked Elizabeth to help us. We left on one excursion, not knowing what our plans would be for the following day. Elizabeth managed to get a hold of us on our excursion to reassure us that everything had been taken care of. Free breakfast is good and suites also have a kitchen for cooking or just heating up restaurant leftovers. Hotel restaurant L'Olivo (Italian food) is excellent. There is also a good Chinese restaurant and a supermarket within walking distance.

Room Tip: Rooms not on the first floor are much quieter.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Debra R
Elk Grove, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

I selected this apt/hotel because it was recommended to me by the dental place I went to (Nova Dental). They didn't steer me wrong! From the very first phone call (and emails), to all the time I was there, they were excellent. Since I arrived there early on a Sunday morning (took the red-eye from Los Angeles), the first thing I did was have their free every morning breakfast. It was very good (included silver dollar pancakes, beans and rice, eggs, plantains, cereal, mangoes, toast and coffee). I would have been disappointed if everything they served was typically American (by throwing in the local cuisine they made it special).

Anything I asked for they instantly provided. For example, after my implant surgery I required various small ice packs for my jaw and upper lip. They instantly put those together and brought them to my room. The units which include a small kitchen are an especially good idea if you are having any kind of dental work done. You have so much more flexibility with respect to what and when you eat, storage of ice packs in the freezer, microwave cooking so your food is just the right temperature, etc. The room was impeccable although it did have a slight humid smell (my only complaint and why I didn't rate it excellent).

As I mentioned, everyone was excellent but some that went beyond even excellent were Esteban and Elizabeth at the front desk who helped me with everything (half day trips, dental visits, restaurants, etc.), Teresa who cheerfully made breakfast for us most mornings and got all my clothing washed, dried and back to my room in a couple of hours, and finally Roberta who helped me figure out why I couldn't print my boarding pass (saving me a lot of time and frustration). This was an excellent choice and it made even dental surgery a good experience.

Room Tip: Be sure to check out the floor plans online (before you select a room) so you can get exactly what y...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Tony E
Bedford, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

I loved the place, the price and the terrific breakfasts out by the pool. A comfortable 20 minute walk to Dr Cavellinis office so bring your sneakers but watch your step because the San Jose streets/sidewalks are poorly constructed. Nothing fancy... but all our needs were met.
The staff speaks very good English.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kathnac
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

Friendly Staff, and clean modern spacious rooms made our stay very comfortable while we were having dental work done in San Jose.the neighborhood is better than most of the hotels that cater to dental tourism and we had very little problem communicating with the personnel.the complimentary breakfast is excellent with a wide range of choices of food and times served. We tried the Olivo restaurant for lunch, and that is the one thing that that I was not to impressed with. Maybe we are spoiled but the quality of the Italian food was poor, and the prices very high , save your money there are many good restaurants in the area offering better food at better prices.However we do not connect the restaurant with the hotel , we will defiantly be staying there when we return for future dental work.. For the money it is top shelf.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper (which I am not ) stay away from the rooms next to the breakfast buffet.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Daniel M
White Plains, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

I recently spent a week at Suites Cristina while getting dental work done in Costa Rica. This is not an upscale, elegant hotel, but it is comfortable and clean, staff are friendly and helpful, breakfasts are wonderful and the hotel's restaurant, l'Olivo, is excellent. The free airport pick-up and drop-off add to the price/value ratio. For an extended stay, it was nice to have a bedroom plus a small kitchen/living area. We enjoyed the brightness of our 5th floor room, but the elevator was knocked out by a storm midweek and was not repaired by the time we left, so if climbing stairs is an issue, do request a lower floor.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple