“Very ordinary”

Ranked #19 of 84 Hotels in San Jose
Chicago, Illinois
“Very ordinary”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Very ordinary place, small bathroom, ordinary restaurant spotty wireless service, priced reasonably for the comforts or the lack of them....I would not stay at this place again if I were to make the trip again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Czech first
Sullivan, Indiana
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Wonderful hotel. Rooms were spotlessly clean and comfortable. I stayed in a one bedroom apartment which was had a nicely furnished living room with a separate bedroom. The furniture , including the bed was comfortable. The surrounding area seems safe, but I did not get around much to the local attractions since this was only a waypoint in my stay. If you are looking for something right in the middle of a lot of things to do this probably would not be the place, but if you are looking for accommodations that are of high quality and at a very reasonable price this would be the place to be. They also offered free airport transportation and that was a definite plus.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have stayed at Cristina four times. I like it very much. The suites are nice and the
beds are very comfortable. It is very clean. The staff at the desk is very helpful.
The location is super. I really like the large park were the stadium is. You can walk
to the super markets. I liked the food very much at the Italian Restaurant attached to
the hotel and also the lunches at the Palma Real Hotel next to Suite Cristina.
I hope that I can come down again soon.
Thank you Elisabeth for your constant help and advice.
Angela Ghaman
Rockville, MD

Room Tip: I like higher floors
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Smyrna, Georgia
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My husband and I recently spent a week in San Jose to have dental work. We thought we were booked at another hotel but actually had only one night reserved there because of a miscommunication. However, it all worked to our advantage as another patient who was staying at the Christina spoke to Sergio, the manager, on our behalf. We were provided a spacious, immaculately clean, 2 bedroom suite for essentially the same price we had paid for just a regular hotel room and bath. The beds were clean and comfortable. The staff was always friendly and helpful. We felt comfortable and relaxed the entire time we were there. We expect to return for more dental work in late summer and hope to stay at the Christina at that time also. This hotel is not the Four Seasons or 5 star by US standards, but we did not have one single complaint while we were there. We were on the first floor and did not have a problem with noise. Situations may be different during the high season with a full house, as we have never been to San Juan before.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I recently returned to San Jose a second time for additional dental work at Prisma Dental, nine months after my initial visit. This time my wife joined me, and we wanted to stay at Suites Cristina since I had such a positive experience during my first trip. As with my previous stay, the rooms were comfortable and clean. We found the staff to be friendly, helpful, and accommodating, and most speak English. We very much enjoyed the breakfast buffet while sitting outside in the shaded areas. For someone who is traveling for medical or dental reasons, I believe that Suites Cristina is the best option in the area, since the kitchenette is well-equipped, and local supermarkets are nearby. I'll need to be returning to Costa Rica a third time for additional dental work, and my wife and I look forward to staying at Suites Cristina again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
richmond
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I recently spent two weeks at the Cristina when I was in the area for dental treatment. This was my second stay in less than a year, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. My two bedroom apartment was spacious, immaculately clean and comfortable. I can not add much to what has already been said, repeatedly, except to confirm that the staff throughout the hotel is exceptional, the location is convenient to restaurants and it's an ideal accommodation for dental and medical tourists. There were a number of dental tourists staying there during my visit and it was particularly enjoyable to meet others during breakfast and share experiences. I'll be returning in six months and, once more, hope to stay at the Cristina. My one suggestion to the staff is to have menus of area restaurants, particularly those that deliver, at the front desk. Neither of the other two hotels in the Sabana area where I've stayed had menus at the front desk, but it sure would be helpful!

Room Tip: I don't know there is much choice in rooms. It usually stays pretty booked so it's a matter...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank btlfan
Denver
Reviewed 6 April 2014

as another traveller posted, we booked an apartment here and were shuttled next door due to a similar excuse. It seems pretty common that if you book here you'd better have a plan B available. Cristina Suites is 3 star at best but where you actually end up sleeping is next door and it's nasty!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelalot65
CristinaCostaRica, Owner at Apartotel Suites Cristina, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
We are very sorry that during our renovation (already finished) we had to transfer you just for your first night to the next door hotel. We hope to see you soon in our new restyled facilities.