Hotel Del Rey
US$87
Hotels.com
US$105
US$113
Barcelo San Jose(San Jose)
US$103
US$95
Barcelo.com
  • Breakfast included
US$96
US$122
US$106
Cocoon Hotel(San Jose)(Great Value!)
US$43
US$39
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssingle malebeautiful womenadult entertainmentshapes and sizesstar ratedcosta ricachristmas vacationinteresting peoplemain shoppingcentral americatwo blocksrooms are cleantwo nightslargotaorminasjodowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have been to costa rica many times and had never stayed in a hotel in the downtown area, I felt that i made a good choice, room was small and directly behind the DelRey but the breakfast in the morning and the staff were very helpful to me I will stay here again hopefully in about 6- 8 months.

Room Tip: do not stay in rooms near the delrey choose the other end of the hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
10  Thank tdjfish13
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Its been several years since i've been here. It hasn't changed much. Still entertaining. Rooms could use some improvements. As could the food. But overall stay was ok. The staff was helpful and polite.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
7  Thank Randy K
Reviewed 30 April 2014

It's an OK place to stay but they triple billed my credit card 1 charge when I checked out and 2 more times a day later. I have not got the money back. I don't sujest staying there but if you must don't use a credit card for the room.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
12  Thank Todd N
Reviewed 29 April 2014

While the Casino and Bar offers a nice layout to socialize the rooms can be noisy with music from casino all day and night.. And if you like sleeping on beds as old and as hard as rocks this is the place for you. If your going for the "action" the hotel/casino offers I would suggest staying in the hotel next door (Sleep inn). BED ARE SOME OF THE MOST UNCOMFORTABLE BEDS I HAVE EVER SLEPT IN, which is a shame because the hotel has a lot of character and a wonderful attentive staff.

Room Tip: Don't wander far outside hotel at night.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank Pbman33480
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I Chose this hotel specifically because I could get a room with a balcony (5th or 6th floor). Checking in was no problem since I already had a reservation.
The room I requested though (a room on the 5th or was it the 6th floor) with balcony) was not ready so they gave me another room (same floor with balcony).
Balcony has some cheap plastic furniture (really).
The hotel clerk ran me through the typical buttons to push, Airco to put on etc.
The room was dark and the Airco was a small window unit which took awhile for the room to cool down.
What can I say.
The hotel is dated and tired.
Hopefully management will take this to heart and try to improve the quality of the rooms considering the price.
The hotel can be a real winner because it is centrally located but ...
Would I recommend the hotel? Reading other peoples desires to stay at this hotel for a certain purpose I would say you are all-right but overall it was just a so-so hotel

Room Tip: If you want a view you have to take a high up room/balcony room which I wanted. Don't think that for the money you pay though that you are going to be overwhelmed in luxury. You will be disappointed by the bare necessities that you are provided.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo