“Talk about a great place...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Dunn Inn

Hotel Dunn Inn
Ranked #18 of 85 Hotels in San Jose
Hollywood, Florida
“Talk about a great place...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

If you're looking for a relaxing place, you choose the Dunn Inn.
If you're looking for a comfortable place, you choose the Dunn Inn.
If you're looking for a very accommodating place, you choose the Dunn Inn.

Let me just say this: You should choose the Dunn Inn.

Not only was the Dunn Inn a great place to stay because of the comforting atmosphere, great accommodations, and makes you feel so relaxed, the service was top notch. Anything I ever needed, the people who work at the Dunn Inn were able to help me out. I needed some clothes washed and pressed. I expected them to take a day. They took two hours. They made me feel like I was a guest in a friend's house.

From the door man at the front, the front desk people, to the very nice sports bar in the back, every step was great.

The next time I go to San Jose, I'm staying at the Dunn Inn again. The first time you go to San Jose, you should too.

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious from what I saw. Some rooms upstairs are bigger than others. My room downstai...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Eric H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Thousand Oaks, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

I recently came back from Costa Rica. This was a Business and pleasure vacation and I was able to stay a little longer than I did on my 1st trip 3 months ago. I was so happy with my previous stay at the Hotel Dunn Inn, that I decided to stay there again. Except this time, I booked one of their suites. The price was very reasonable. This hotel I found out used to be a Mansion that is over 100 years old, and the suite I stayed in was part of the original Mansion. My suite had 2 nice size rooms. On was a living room with a built-in bar, flat screen TV and a small refrigerator. the bedroom has built-in cabinets and another flat screen TV. The bathroom was a nice size with a Jacuzzi tub.

One of the best part of my stay was the friendly staff. They are all very friendly and ready to assist you. All of them remembered me from my previous trip and seemed genuinely happy to see me back. Asides from the nicely kept Hotel and great staff, the food is great and so are the drinks. Before I left, I was told that the owners have just purchase another Hotel on the Beach in a city called Jaco. I saw the pictures and the Hotel looks great. I was told that they will be putting some packages together so that the next time I visit, I can spend time at both Hotels.

Can't wait for my next trip.

Maurice Leveille

Room Tip: Get a Suite
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Maurice L
John G, General Manager at Hotel Dunn Inn, responded to this review, 15 February 2013
What lovely comments - thanks so much. Delighted to learn that you had a great stay with us and everything went so well. Hope to welcome you back soon.

Cherry Hill, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

very nice and clean place close proximity to shops and stores. Restaurant inside is very nice and has great food. staff members are very friendly and accomodating. Very safe place with guards at night just sllowing guests to enter.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Appreciate your kind comments on the staff.

Hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future!

Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the 4th time in January of 2013. My girlfriend and I love coming to Costa Rica and this is the place to be in San Jose. The place is very clean, the hotel staff are all very friendly, the newly added hotel bar is fantastic. It's a great place to watch a game or grab a beer. The hotel is family friendly and the rooms are spacious and comfortable. I would highly recommend if you need a place to stay in San Jose!

Room Tip: The penthouse Room 29 is awesome!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks so much for your review. We get so many comments on our staff - They are truly the reason why we have so many loyal guests.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

They redid the front area, looks real nice. I haven't been there since Rick's opened. Real nice and good food (good price...I'm frugal!).
LOVE the happy hour specials (2 for 1).
I'm pretty type A, so I like things done correctly..
My airport transfer was on time, with his sign and a smile.
The girls spoke English and handled my van rental to take us to Jaco and set up our day trips. EVERYTHING, and I mean everything went smoothly. I've been there 4 times, and I know there will be a 5th. I highly recommend.

Room Tip: Set up a pickup from the airport....or risk the deluge of cabbies yelling at you.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for sharing your experience during your stay with us and we are excited to hear about your insights, I will definitely share your positive note to the team.

Again thank you very much for your positive feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel Dunn Inn!

auburn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013 via mobile

Fourth time visiting Costa Rica and fourth time using Hotel Dunn Inn. Marissa, Carol, Gloria , Andrea and Tatiana are the Best of the Best. The cafe is now no smoking which makes eating there all the better. Also the new owners have put in a Spots bar next bar which if first class. Screens everywhere, beautiful waitress and you must try the cerviche.

Just don't sleep in room 6 as it rumbles unto 10,:30 and then hums all night. But they do provide ear plugs.

So enjoy your stay for in my opinion there is no better for the value.

Give my love to Gloria.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Waywardcritic
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

I spent seven days at the Dunn Inn in a junior suite and had a great time. I have been coming to Costa Rica with freinds for sixteen years and this has been one of the best hotel experiences. The room had a king size bed with dark hardwood decor. Although the room had an air conditioner it took me a couple of days to realize i really didn't need it as the temperature was between 62 and 80 degrees f. The service was excellent and the staff was superb. John, the hotel manager made himself available to us the first day and pretty much gave us the VIP treatment. The breakfast was OK but the lunch, dinner and appetizers were pretty darn good. The hotel was for me, always quiet and relaxing. The hotel is probably an old coffee barrons home that was converted to a hotel. It is located near the middle of town and fairly safe to stroll around in the day but i would recommend a taxi after dark. As in any large urban area you could easily wander into trouble if you are not familiar with the area and there are always people lurking waiting to take advantage of lost and bewildered tourist. Over all a great experince that i would recommend to anyone looking for a nice hotel in San Jose.

1 Thank freddymia