US$124
US$181
US$93
Balmoral Hotel(San Jose)
US$99
Hotel Santo Tomas(San Jose)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$70
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo San Jose(San Jose)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$155
US$98
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$102
All reviewscosta ricacontinental breakfastceiling fancenter of san josehome away from homeair conditioningdowntown areafelt safelast nightairportbarrioearplugscabcountry
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I stayed at the Dunn in a few months ago and had a great experience. Sometimes you'll try something out for a second time and be let down. Well, that's not what happens at the Dunn Inn. Really my second stay was just as good as my first, if not better.

If you want to feel comfortable on your trip, I'm not sure why you would stay anywhere else. It's just such a cozy place with great service. That's one of the keys for me. You can have a nice place, but if the service is no good, then to me the place is no good. The Dunn is exceeds all your expectations... and mine are pretty high.

This trip I stayed in one of their suites. It seemed fairly new and was perfect for me. Did I need a suite? Probably not, but I've seen some other "suites" in town and they were nothing like this one. This truly had a ton of space.

Also, on this trip, being from South Florida, I was able to watch the Miami Heat playoff game in comfort at their sports bar. It was great.

Looking forward to making another trip soon and, of course, I'm staying at the Dunn Inn.

Room Tip: The suite had a nice king size bed and a lot of space. Nice bathroom with shower, too.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eric H
Reviewed 21 May 2013

After 3 visits at the hotel I feel like I am coming home when I arrive. The food is exellent, the room nice,
The service is very good, the whole staff treat me like I am a old friend.
I have been to several hotells in Costa Rica and this is the one I return to whenever I am in San Jose.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Johansen_Knutar
Reviewed 7 May 2013

It's a nice little place with a friendly staff. On the cleaner side and conveniently located. The food in the restaurant was terrible but that shouldn't alter your hotel of choice. (There is a great place 1 block away called Kalu Cafe.)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank littlefrangipane
travelman321, Manager at Hotel Dunn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Thank you for staying with us once again, the best compliment our staff receives is repeat visitors.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

I am a regular at Dunn Inn. I stay there 3 times a year. I stayed at several other hotels, until I stumbled onto Dunn Inn. They exceed my expectations every time. I refuse to stay anywhere else. The entire staff is great. They are as friendly, and helpful as you will ever encounter. I am usually planning my next trip, before I am done with the current trip. I can't wait to visit again in August.

Pura Vida

Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Brian S
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I have been to Costa Rica many times and have stayed at many places. The Dunn Inn is a very nice and affordable place to stay. The people at the front desk are ever-so-nice and the security guards - the afternoon one is Luis - are as friendly as one could ask. The continental breakfast is adequate with a plate of fresh fruit and a plate of ham and cheese. For 2 dollars. one can get two eggs and the oatmeal , which is really good - would cost 2,75 extra. The servers are very nice and they all speak English. The dining area is small but nice and never was ever that crowded. The room was small with a small bathroom but was comfortable. Many rooms at San Jose hotels have small bathrooms; so I am used to this. At the front desk, Hania is so funny and overall everyone made me feel at home. Rick's Sports Bar is off the dining area and is nice also. There are 6 tvs with ESPN etc. and the menu is adequate and reasonable. I will return to this place and there is no charge for an "extra" person unless the person stays overnight; that would be 10 dollars more. The Promanade shopping area is a short walk and tours are available at the front desk. Rooms range from 70 to 80 which is - I think - a good deal.

Room Tip: One night, the band was very loud; I was on the top floor and I could hear the music in the room which was a bit irritating. Ask the people at the front desk if other areas would be quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo