Hotel Dunn Inn
US$127
US$87
US$81
US$66
Barcelo San Jose(San Jose)
  • Breakfast included
US$70
US$65
  • Breakfast included
US$95
All reviewscosta ricacontinental breakfastceiling fancenter of san josehome away from homedowntown areafelt safelast nightairportbarriojacoearplugscabcountry
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I have stayed at the Dunn Inn 4 times on my last two trips to Costa Rica last year (2013). Each time I have stayed there the service has been excellent. I have been both picked up and dropped off at San Jose International Airport by transportation provided by the hotel, and the transportation fee has been reasonable. The rooms are small, but very nicely appointed for the time you spend in them. It is the kind of hotel you don't mind telling your Tico friends that you are staying at, or having them come over for lunch or a beer. The hotel is nicely situated in downtown San Jose, though if you go down the wrong street, you could wind up in a pretty sketchy part of town.

After only two or three stays, the staff know you by name. Everyone that works there is truly friendly, pleasant and makes you feel at home. The complementary breakfast is enough to get you going in the morning, and the array of large screen TVs playing sports in the bar is a nice way to relax at night. I don't know about parking, because I have not rented a car the last six times I went to Costa Rica. Also, the hotel doesn't (as far as I know) have a fitness center or pool, but neither do most hotels in downtown San Jose.

My only "complaint" with the Dunn Inn is that like everything in Costa Rica, the prices keep rising. Room rates are still reasonable, but.....

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This trip I spent 3 days at the dentist. The Dunn inn made special meals for me.I could only have soft food. The food was very good. It was a nice touch. They went out of their way to make me comfortable. If you are going to the dentist on your trip this is a good place the dentist office pick you up and drop you off here.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Loser1
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We stayed in Hotel Dunn Inn for two nights and thought it was excellent. Good service, nice restaurant and bar--really friendly staff. The location was great--walking distance to downtown, but a little removed so not noisy. The rooms are really tiny, but we weren't in our room except to sleep (pretty much that is all you can do in your room). There are comfortable common areas to relax in.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Reasonably priced, quite, perfect location. You can walk to the Central Market and many other spots. Rooms are clean and service is excellent. Food is pretty good too. Try the Azteca soup. You'll love it!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel our last night in Costa Rica...we transferred our final night from their hotel in Jaco. Hotel Dunn was clean, nice with friendly people. Service from Hotel 9 after trying to get our refund from our last night we didn't stay there has been awful. They do not respond to many email and phone requests...guess it's a case of once you are not in front of them you are ignored. I know these two hotels have the same owner so hopefully service from Hotel 9 will not rub off on Hotel Dunn.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends