US$124
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$134
US$93
Barcelo San Jose(San Jose)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$99
US$90
US$118
US$98
Hotel Santo Tomas(San Jose)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$152
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$181
US$175
All reviewscosta ricacontinental breakfastceiling fancenter of san josehome away from homeair conditioningdowntown areafelt safelast nightairportbarrioearplugscabcountry
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Room 29 has a window facing the bar, where there is very loud, live music. This is unacceptable. There is also a rather loud alarm in the corridor that is not turned off when it goes off at night (happened the 2 nights I stayed there). Other people I travelled with complained about noise because their room was close to the reception or close to the street (heavy trucks driving down the Calle 5). Never again!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Angie R, Management Assistant at Hotel Dunn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Good afternoon.
Thank you for choosing our hotel as your place to stay in San Jose.
Also, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your feed back about the noise in the area you stayed. We are taking the necessary steps in order to prevent this kind of situation from happening again. Our commitment is to improve every day the service we offer to our clients.
Hotel Dunn Inn.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Excellent location. Friendly, helpful staff who are fluent in English! The rooms were clean & comfortable but a lot of noise can be heard making it difficult if you're a light sleeper! The bar is also very expensive (1500colones for small bottle of water!)

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Angie R, Management Assistant at Hotel Dunn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Good Afternoon.
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback is very important for us and it help us to improve everyday.
Hope to welcome you back in a near future.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

I stayed in this hotel for two nights at different times over a period of two weeks, and on both occasions the staff were amazing. Very polite, helpful and genuinely nice. The rooms are decent, again with the two rooms I had (standard twin), one room was far better and lavish than the other. I think they are trying to refurb so that all rooms are of higher spec. All in all, its location is good and easy to find, and its quiet.

Room Tip: Room 25, or any room upstairs away from the street
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Good Morning.
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with others.
It´s great to know we were able to exceed your expectations regarding the room and the service you have received from our staff.
We will share this review with them.
Hope to have you once again in our Hotel.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

I went to San Jose as a female solo traveller. I knew I needed to stay in a place where I felt safe and comfortable - and this hotel was all those things for me. They arranged airport pickup for me which was easy - he was there waiting for me with a sign with my name on it. Took my bags for me and off to the hotel we went! Upon my arrival I was greeted by wonderful English speaking staff who checked me into my room and ran my credit card. They took me up to my room which was very nice of them!

I was here for a total of 5 nights, so after the 2nd day - they knew who I was and I never had to tell them which room number, they automatically handed my key when I would walk up. Seriously - service here is great.

Taking tours out of San Jose? I was always the last to get picked up and the first to get dropped off -it was awesome!

There are 3 restaurants around the hotel that I, as a solo female traveller, felt completely safe to walk to. The restaurant attached to the hotel, Alma de Amon was frequently visited by me - I knew all the staff by the time I left! They have a yummy breakfast (or you can opt for the continental breakfast included in your hotel) and great dinners (get the ceviche).

Overall I would recommend this hotel to other travelers. They were so lovely and accommodating to me!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Angie R, Management Assistant at Hotel Dunn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Good Morning.
Thank you very much for choosing our Hotel as your place to stay in San Jose.
It´s great to know we were able to make you feel safe and comfortable.
besides that our staff exceeded your expectations regarding the service.
We will share such a positive review with them as this encourages us to keep working in order to improve everyday for all our guests.
We would love to welcome you back in your next trip.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Stayed for one night on 3 separate occasions (coincidentally all in the same room!) during July/August 2017. Not disappointed. This is a good-value mid-range hotel in a quiet part of San Jose; the beds are comfortable, the rooms were spotlessly clean, and the staff were friendly and helpful.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Angie R, Management Assistant at Hotel Dunn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Good Morning.
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with others.
We will share this review with them.
Hope to have you once again in our Hotel.
Management Assistant.