Hotel Dunn Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Hotel Inca Real(San Jose)
Hotel Castillo(San Jose)
Cocoon Hotel(San Jose)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscosta ricacontinental breakfastceiling fancenter of san josehome away from homedowntown areafelt safelast nightairportbarriojacoearplugscabcountry
Reviewed 21 September 2010

I enjoyed the staying at this hotel created assembling different buildings of the same block.
The result is a little labyrinth but interesting.
At few blocks from the center of town,offers a good option for business and shopping.
Employees are really good and do the best for to make your staying comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2010

We stayed two nights, one night in the suite, and one night in a regular room. Several problems:
1) Free breakfast isn't really free; after repeatedly asking if breakfast was included, the waitress ensured us that it was, and gave us a menu; what she failed to clarify is that the continental breakfast includes only fruit and toast, and that everything on the menu is extra. We were charged at the end of the stay for the breakfast. If you do decide to order breakfast, stay away from the eggs, they taste terrible.
2) The suite: its a big space, but it only has a stained glass window which does not open so the room gets very stuffy.
3) The regular room: has 4 windows, but no screens. Having said that, we didn't really encounter any bugs when we were there.
4) Be aware that you are 10 minute walk from the hussle and bustle of downtown; the area is quiet, dark and surrounted by prostitutes at night. There is a security guard on duty though.
5) When we left we had the front desk call us a cab for the airport. This was not neccessary as there are plenty of cabs on the street; we wound up waiting for this "special" taxi to arrive for about 15 minutes, which then wound up overcharging us for the ride to the airport. We should have just caught a cab ourselves right outside.
All in all, not a terrible experience, but would not stay there again; for the money charged you can probably do better.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2010

We were looking for a boutique hotel to stay in but close to the center of everything.........This was a diamond in the rough......very cozy rooms, very clean. I was very impressed with the comfort of the beds. I had the best sleep ever. Since this is a Historical Hotel, we got to take a tour of the rooms in the morning while the maids were busy cleaning. Every room was different and unique which made the place that much better. What my wife and I really enjoyed was the friendly staff, how they remembered our names and always took the time to make sure our stay was pleasant.. The restaurant was a guarantee every day of great food, service and value. My wife really liked the fresh fruit and sea bass, my favorite was the pancakes, I know that sounds crazy, but i love pancakes with Bananas.

needless to say, we love the place.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2010

lets start with the good things. the hotel is located central in a good neighbourhood. rooms are clean but small. servicy is friendly but cheated us. they say breakfast is included but charged it at the end. the hotel is clean but not worth the money

Reviewed 17 February 2010

I stayed at the Dunn Inn for one night in February. It was OK for one night – cheap enough. It wasn’t very clean – I saw a lot of hair on the floor and in my bed. The bathroom was clean and looked decent.

The hotel seemed to be almost empty. The area is not that great. I wanted to go for a walk at 11pm and 3 people from the hotel told me not to go because of drug dealers in the area. (I am a medium build 36 year old white male).

If you cannot avoid San Jose this is an OK hotel to go to. Keep in mind that their website gives a false representation – the hotel is a lot shaggier than it seems on the web.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
travelman321, Management at Hotel Dunn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2010

I am sorry for any inconvenience that may have incurred. We take a Huge Pride in our cleanliness. I assure you that this is not acceptable. Our unique Boutique Hotel is conveniently located downtown San Jose near the museums, zoo, shopping and night life. As in any downtown city in all of the US or World. We never suggest walking the streets by your self at 11 pm at night anywhere. The days are awesome and very safe to walk the streets, parks and neighborhood without any problems. Again, we apologize and assure you that this is not the norm and only the exception.