My husband and I stayed here the night before we flew out of Costa Rica. We found this hostel/hotel to be quite nice, especially when you consider the low cost.
This hotel is really more of a compound. You go through the security gate and there are all sorts of hangout spaces and indoor gardens to relax in. When we were there we found the atmosphere quite restful and quiet. The common spaces are decorated with pretty mosaics which we found charming. They offer tea and coffee and breakfast (simple...cereal and toast). The rooms are decorated in a quirky manner, with different colors for each room. I found the rooms to be clean and neat and the bed was pretty comfortable. The shower was on the cool side, but you will find if you travel in Costa Rica on a budget that hot water can be hard to come by!
It is located near the arts district (Barrio Amon), and we felt quite comfortable walking around during the day viewing the interesting architecture and visiting the market that is a bit further away. There are some quite nice restaurants in the Barrio Amon district for the foodie in you. This is how my husband prefer to spend our travel dollars, and we were pleased with the variety and quality. The immediate neighborhood might seem dodgy to a typical American traveler, but in my opinion it was safe. Also, ask the owner about local lunch places if you are looking for an authentic workman's meal.
If you are looking for luxury, this is not the place, but for a budget traveler it's pretty heavenly! Quite, pretty, safe, conveniently located. An excellent value!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An authentic Costa Rican family will host and meet your needs providing accommodation, travel agency & personalized services (Spanish lessons, Post Surgery Care & meals). A clean, safe, colorful & comfortable setting w/kitchens, 1st class beds, safety boxes, cable TV, hot water. Complimentary: breakfast buffet, tea, coffee, WiFi, internet access, luggage storage & VOIP calls to more than 60 countries. Walk to: downtown, Gold, Jade & National Museums, National Theater, Plaza de la Cultura, Bolivar Zoo & Central Market. No sexual tourism. We also offer: Free Special Breakfast Buffet Free maps and tourist information Free fresh linens Free luggage storage Free Wifi internet and PC's with internet unlimited Free Parking Free table games (pool , pingpong & fussball) Kitchen facilities Free DVD movies/hometheater Book Exchange Hot showers Reception 24/7 And more…. In addition (optional & for extra fee) Laundry Service Airport Shuttle – Private service 24/7 Free International & local phone calls Tours Booking Car rental Bottled water, juice, beer and sodas for sale Discounted tours Spanish, dance, yoga & cooking lessons Massage &beauty in-house service Medical & post surgery recovery assistance Extra info Just 12 minutes walking distance from San Jose downtown Supermarkets, bars, restaurants, hospital, clinics, around the hotel Breakfast & taxes are included in the rate Front desk 24/7 Check in: 2:00 PM (if the room you booked is clean and available when you get here, you can check in) Check-Out: 12:00 MD (you can leave your bags in our luggage Room and pick it up later on) We offer anything you need during your stay. Kaps Place is Your home away from home "Su Casa en San Jose" PURA VIDA!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Hotel Kaps Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kap`s Place Hotel San Jose
- Kaps Place San Jose
- Kaps Place Hotel San Jose