I would absolutely recommend this hotel for short term stays. It is run by very friendly people, there is WiFi, hot water, nceiling fans, no TV though. It's just a few blocks away from downtown, very close to the Costa Rican legislative building. Very good prices, considering the amenities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1920, first Bed and Breakfast of the capital of Costa Rica, San Jose, it was once home and art gallery to a bevy of local and expatriate artists, including Otto Apuy, Diedre Hyde, and Guillermo Conte, as well as other poets, writers and filmmakers, a place where artists and authors gathered together in its past time. With its handcrafted classic wood frame structure of the entrance and the interior design like colonial style mosaic tile floor of early 19th century, you can see the traces of Costa Rican history and art trough the building. The hotel is located at downtown San Jose,a nice and safe neighborhood, surrounded by great variety of fine restaurants, main bus stations, grocery stores, 3-5 minutes walking distance. We are recommened by mayor travel guides, Lonely Planet,Frommers, Fordor, Moon Book, Let's go. If you are looking for budget and comfort stay, we are your great choice in downtown San Jose. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Pension de la Cuesta B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pension De La Cuesta Bed And Breakfast
- Pension De La Cuesta Hotel San Jose