“The best restaurant in town”

La Estancia Argentina
Ranked #438 of 630 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Argentinian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Bad Homburg
“The best restaurant in town”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The restaurant offers a wide selection of meat dishes and wines. If you want to treat yourself or your partner, this is the place to go.

Visited July 2013

Esterillos, Puntarenas, Costa Rica
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and atmosphere!”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

My husband and I were looking for "non-typical tico food". We had spent an hour or so walking thru the main down town area stopping at places to check out their menus. Nothing looked really compelling, especially for the price. Earlier in the day we had passed an Argentinian restaurant in an inconspicuous location. We didn't know if the neighborhood would be safe to walk at night, but the restaurant was very close to our hotel (Fleur de Lys). We checked La Estancia Argentina out again, now that it was open in the evening (a thursday night) and decided it was a "yes". We were delighted with our choice and highly recommend it! I had fresh spinach and gorgonzola ravioli and my husband had steaks that were very tender. Their house wine was a fine Malbec in a bottle.

Visited June 2013
San Jose
“Not good for the price! Won't come back.”
Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

My first impression was not to honing as there was no one there on a Sunday at 1:30 pm however my family and I ventured inside we ordered an apetizier of Argentinian turnovers they were ok but mine was undercooked and cold inside. Then came the entrees a ribeye and the mixed parillada the portions are generous but the meat was very tough and for me over salted. The potato sides were also undercooked almost raw. In general I do not recommend this restaurant which I believe to be overpriced. If you are looking for a good steak stay clear of la estancia and go to el Novillo Alegre instead.

• Visited April 2013
San Jose, Costa Rica
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“stay away.will be closed in 1 month”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

live entertainment transvestites pissing behind the telephone pole.,hope you get a parking space in front of the place or risk getting mugged.stay away.(my son asked why is the man wearing a dress and squating down behind the light post on the corner) on a sunday night,not a person in the restaraunt.3 choices for drinks,coke,diet coke or club soda.waiter severd us old,used condiments,(with not a person in the restaraunt we atleast expected fresh)we odered 2 appetizers and main courses,after 45 minutes(not a person in the place) we got tired of waiting with nothing to eat and watching trannys, we cancelled the order and ran as fast as we could to our car and drove away fast.dont waste your tme go to another restaraunt,and it was way overpriced.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank kevin g
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Massive portions, great atmosphere”
Reviewed 29 December 2012

I had the 350g rib eye steak with the greek salad to start with. The steak was cooked as ordered, can't fault it at all. Came with wedges, pineapple slice (steak and pineapple..mmmm.. didn't quite work) and a side salad. Big portions really.

The salad... well.. I had to make a comment that the Feta cheese was indeed not said cheese but some grated american medium soft cheese. They took the feedback onboard, but a reduction in bill price would have been appropriate.

The restaurant itself has real character, a really nice place to enjoy dinner.

Visited December 2012