We visited La Estancia Argentina recently and it was overall a pleasant experience. I will start first with the highlights:
1. We ordered some empanadas and a choripan as entrees, and both were really tasty, specially the Choripan, which was matched with some chimichurri and tomato.
2. The main courses were bife de chorizo and a grilled salmon. I have to say the salmon was great, tender, juicy and well seasoned. It had a green saladas and grilled potato for sides, and they were both very good.
3. The dessert was also good, it was a tiramisu, which was more of a frozen cream custard along with the coffee-drenched biscuit.
4. The local is nice, cozy and the night we went they had a tango and milonga show which set a nice enviroment to enjoy.
Now the bad:
1. The caprese empanada was kind of dry, not as good as the meat one,
2. Ironically the bife the chorizo was the great deception of the night, considering that this place's speciality is meat. The cut was very simple, with almost no salt or seasoning and kind of burned on the sides It was pretty dry and was not even average,
3. The waiters are nice, but as we were using a discount coupon we kind of get the feeling that we were overlooked sometimes for other customer who came to pay the full bill (no promo price).
4. There is no parking lot on the local, so you will need to leave the car on a parking lot about 2 blocks away, or outside with a "guachiman", which is not the safest option.
I will give 4 starts to this restaurant, as most of the food was pretty good, along with service and ambience. However for good steak cuts, I would recommend other places,
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.