“The Best tour Operator in CR!”
Review of Valle Dorado

Valle Dorado
More attraction details
Owner description: Top Travel Costa Rica is your best option to get your dream vacation organized by travel experts at Costa Rica. You won’t find a better background than a company that was founded in 1989 (with more than 25 years of experience), licensed by the Costa Rican Tourism Board (ICT) and with 5 leaf’s level, the best possible level in the Certificate in Sustainable Tourism. At Top Travel Costa Rica, our country is our passion and we want to share our passion with the rest of the world giving the best possible service and exceeding our client’s expectations
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This was my 4th trip which was planned by Valle Dorado Tours! And all time was PERFECT. Each day was planned so nice and this was combinated with flexibility ! Jorge the tour guide is amazing all time! If I back sure I will choose this Company! Thanks again!

valledoradotours, Propietario at Valle Dorado, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thanks for your comments. Always a pleasure to help you with your tours in Costa Rica.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

We are celebrating my parents 50 years of marriage. I embraced the challenge of organizing the trip for 13 people with ages from 2 yrs old to 85 yr old. A group as diverse as it could be, three groups flying from Washington, DC, Missouri, and Ecuador. I had one request from my parents, they demanded good service, good hotels, no expense surprises, mountains and beaches. All this in 7 days.
I asked around and we picked Costa Rica, and a friend of mine referred Valle Dorado Tours. So I approached them to get some guidance on what options and places to see in Costa Rica. I was able to e-mail Jorge Montero, the owner and general manager of Valle Dorado Tours, he has been in the tourism industry for more than 15 years. A highly professional and kind, he immediately (2 days) put together a package that included the most general request I asked. Illiam, Jorge´s assistant helped in fine tuning the proposal been in contact with me constantly. They answer all my questions, from the most general such as what clothes to bring to providing a list of catholic churches near our San Jose hotel. The final package they provided sold me instantly, it included pictures of some of the landscape we would see, hotel pictures, the actual bus we would ride in, etc. They provided advice on hotels depending on our demands and not driven simply by prices. For example, they advised us that was not worth it to spend the extra money in a more upscale hotel in San Jose since we would spend only one night at arrival and would be so tired that would not even enjoy the amenities, instead they recommended to go all out in the hotels in Manuel Antonio and Arenal.
They took in consideration that we had early flights on our return date and provided advice to stay in Manuel Antonio rather than Playa Conchal since is closer to San Jose.
Once we arrived to Costa Rica, Valle Dorado put attention to the smallest detail possible to make our stay more than pleasant. Marvin our driver and guide showed professionalism and kindness that my family will always remember as part of this vacation.
Costa Rica is a beautiful country, its people, its businesses such as Vale Dorado tours make this country worth visiting.

valledoradotours, Propietario at Valle Dorado, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Thanks for your kind comments. Was a pleasure to help you with your tour arrangements in Costa Rica.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

If you are planning to visit Costa Rica and do not know where to start, we absolutely recommend you contacting Jorge Montero at Valle Dorado Tours to help plan your trip. He was fantastic...very efficient and professional, responds promptly, and is able to meet every request you may have for your vacation. It only took us less than two weeks to plan out the entire itinerary via email. We had two families (fours adults and three tweens) who just came back from the trip and had an AWESOME time!! It was an experience we can never forget!! The entire trip filled with many fun activities was very well planned out..we couldn't believe it!!

We visited four areas: Arenal Volcano, Rincon del la Vieja (Guanacaste), Monte Verde, and Manual Antonio. In 8 days, we hiked the wet rainforest, dry rainforest, cloud forest, and was able to experience the beach community. We did the following activities: white water rafted down Rio Bolsa (better than whitewater rafting in the U.S.), short hike to the water fall where we had a great time swimming in the swimming hole, horseback riding in the forest (absolutely beautiful!...only $35 pp for 2 hours), tours to see how chocolate, coffee, and sugar cane were made, ziplining (canopy tour) above the cloud forest, sky tram, skywalk (hanging bridges), night tour to see wildlife, went to the butterfly garden and frog pond (since frogs are nocturnal, you can return with a flashlight at night to see the frogs when they are more active..very fun!), and kayaked in the mangrove at Isle Damas.

The seven of us had a private guide named Marvin who was with us the entire trip and he was FANTASTIC!! He is an expert in wildlife especially in the area of birds. He can spot a bird from a distance and he is able to recognize what type of birds by listening to their calls. He is AMAZING!! During the entire trip, Marvin would stop at various places to show us different wild life: blue jean frogs, snakes, howling monkeys, toucans, sloths, macaws, anteater from a distance, crocodiles, all kinds of birds, etc. and he showed us the different species of plants indigenous to Costa Rica. We learned so much about the Costa Rican wildlife, plants, culture and people from him. He brought us to different places to eat delicious food offered in the country....YUMMY!! Our daughter who is usually a picky eater ate very well in Costa Rica. We definitely recommend Marvin as your tour guide..very personable and caring, wonderful sense of humor, and a delight to be with. Anything we needed or requested, Marvin was always there for us. We love him!!

We really enjoyed our time in this beautiful country. Based on our experience....Valle Dorado Tours is the BEST!! Without a doubt, we would highly recommend it to any of our families and friends who are planning a trip to Costa Rica!!!

1  Thank Wglin
valledoradotours, Propietario at Valle Dorado, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thanks for your comments.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

We just got back from a wonderful visit to Costa Rica that was completely arranged by Valle Dorado Tours, from hotels to transportation to day trips. We enjoyed every aspect of the tour Valle Dorado arranged for us. I was initially a bit wary about trying to arrange a trip with a travel agency completely by internet and email, but our communication with our agent Illiam was clear, quick, and simple. Illiam heard my preferences for a vacation that mixed adventure with two teen boys with ample relaxation time on the beach for mom, and accommodated them. All our connections and hotel accommodations were very nice. We especially enjoyed our stay at the Mountain Paradise Hotel in Arenal.

Of particular note, we want to give special kudos to our driver, Marvin, for being such a sweet and thoughtful guide on those long drives. He was always on time (or early!) and greeted us warmly, as if we were old friends. He drove quickly, but very safely, and we felt very secure in his care.

We also want to commend the Desafio Company adventure tours, that Valle Dorado arranged for us, for white water rafting, cayoneering, and zip lining. Every one of these tours was safe, exciting, great fun, and the guides were FANTASTIC.

Finally, I need to mention that my 13 y/o son lost my iPod Nano somewhere along the way. I emailed Illiam at Valle Dorado before we left the country and he immediately set out a search for it, and emailed me back within a day to say they had secured my iPod (that had been left in Marvin’s van!!) I thought for sure that treasured item with all my playlists was lost for good. We were very impressed with Valle Dorado's diligence and the honesty of it's staff to return it to us.

The Valle Dorado agency came recommended to us by two other families that we know, and we will certainly recommend it to others. They gave us a family vacation that we will always remember with great joy!

valledoradotours, Propietario at Valle Dorado, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Thanks for your comments. It was a pleasure to hep you with your tour arrangements.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

The tours themselves were great!! However Valled Dorado could have provided us with some tips before the tours. Such as telling us to bring a change of clothes, or that lunch is not until 2:00pm so bring snacks or bring extra money because we'll be stopping at souvenir shops, etc. However the zip lining and canopy tour was great. The volcano/hotspring tour was good except we didn't know the ride to get there was 2.5hours (from our hotel in San Jose)!!!! That would have been a nice tip! But overall the tours were good. You don't get as close to the volcano as you think you're going to get but the hotsprings are nice!

valledoradotours, Propietario at Valle Dorado, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Your opinion is very important to us in order to improve.