“Just choose Valle dorado to visit C R”
Review of Valle Dorado

Valle Dorado
More attraction details
Owner description: Top Travel Costa Rica is your best option to get your dream vacation organized by travel experts at Costa Rica. You won’t find a better background than a company that was founded in 1989 (with more than 25 years of experience), licensed by the Costa Rican Tourism Board (ICT) and with 5 leaf’s level, the best possible level in the Certificate in Sustainable Tourism. At Top Travel Costa Rica, our country is our passion and we want to share our passion with the rest of the world giving the best possible service and exceeding our client’s expectations
Turnhout, Belgium
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Just choose Valle dorado to visit C R”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

As I used to be the first reviewer and my review has vanished, I write this new one;
Spended 3 weeks in CR in july 2012 and everything was perfectly organised by José and his crew. Don't hesitate booking your tour with Valle Dorado, just do it!!!

Visited July 2013
valledoradotours, Propietario at Valle Dorado, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you very much. Our best recommendation is the feedback from customers like you giving us the opportunity to help them with their tour in Costa Rica.
Thank you again!
Irene & Jorge

Santa Ana, Costa Rica
“Unique experience”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Just recently I visited the wetlands of the south pacific of Costa Rica, specially the area known as SIERPE. It was a very unique experience where my family and I were guided through incredible water ways and lush fauna and enviroments home of alligators, birds and all kinds of aquatic animals. A tour you must do when visiting Costa Rica. Our hosts, Valle Dorado, were also exceptional. Great timing, outstanding guides and best travel recommendations. Thankx guys!

Visited January 2014
valledoradotours, Propietario at Valle Dorado, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Thanks for you comments.
Kitchener, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our Cross Country Tour”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Valle Dorado Tours - A Great Experience
My wife and I are in our mid-60s and were looking for a vacation with a segment of adventure and a segment of relaxation.
We had never been to Central America but of course we have seen advertisements in various magazines etc. especially with respect to Costa Rica.
We contacted a friend who had been to Costa Rica approximately 8 years before and she raved about it.
She forwarded to us what information she had, which included contact information on Valle Dorado Tours who had set up their itinerary.
With essentially a few e-mails to Valle Dorado Tours we were off and running.
Their first e-mail asked what we would like to do and since we had never been to Costa Rica before we asked for their suggestions for a two-week vacation with the first week having some adventure in it and the second week having more relaxation in the sun.
Their initial suggestions sounded fabulous, and with a very minimum of tweaking our itinerary was set.
We flew into San Jose and started with three days on the Caribbean coast in the Tortuguero National Park with all the raining (it is in a rain forest) and fabulous wildlife. We stayed at the Mawamba Lodge, which for being in the middle of a rain forest is very comfortable.
We then had a fabulous driver by the name of Marvin, who is fluent in both Spanish and English, escort us across the country to the Pacific Coast. In addition to his professionalism, Marvin has a great sense of humor and is very knowledgeable about the wildlife and fauna, along with places of interest in the areas we visited.
Our first overnight stop after Tortuguero was in the Arenal volcano area at the fabulous Kioro Hotel. This must be at least a four star hotel and the two dinners we had were “to die for”.
While in the Arenal along with sightseeing we walked in a stream down a mountain which included rappelling down 4 different water falls of between 17 to 200 feet (a first for us). We also did some white water rafting.
We were then off with Marvin to the Monteverdi area and its famous Monteverdi Cloud Forest. We partook in a guided hike in the cloud forest, part of which is on very sturdy hanging bridges close to the canopy. We also enjoyed our canopy tour, which included seven different trips on zip lines (our first zip line experience) which allowed us to look down on the canopy.
On approximately our eighth day Marvin drove us to the Tamarindo area on the Pacific coast where we spent six very sunny days at the Hotel Tamarindo Dira. While here we mostly relaxed but did go scuba diving once and even “tried” surfing for the first time.
All of the above was accomplished with the wonderful suggestions and planning done by Valle Dorado Tours with minimal input from us.
We would certainly highly recommend Valle Dorado Tours to everyone. The contact that we had with the owners Jorge Montero his wife Irene and their assistant Illiam was exactly what you would want it to be. And of course we can’t say enough good things about our driver Marvin who we spent a week with.
Costa Rica is a beautiful country, its people are warm and friendly and in the more touristy places, English is spoken by a large part of the local population.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank jimsloan47
valledoradotours, Propietario at Valle Dorado, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We love our work and customers like you to become ambassadors for our country. Thanks for the confidence!
Come back soon!
“The Best tour Operator in CR!”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This was my 4th trip which was planned by Valle Dorado Tours! And all time was PERFECT. Each day was planned so nice and this was combinated with flexibility ! Jorge the tour guide is amazing all time! If I back sure I will choose this Company! Thanks again!

Visited October 2013
valledoradotours, Propietario at Valle Dorado, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Thanks for your comments. Always a pleasure to help you with your tours in Costa Rica.
New York City
“Valle Dorado Tours - A Great Experience”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We are celebrating my parents 50 years of marriage. I embraced the challenge of organizing the trip for 13 people with ages from 2 yrs old to 85 yr old. A group as diverse as it could be, three groups flying from Washington, DC, Missouri, and Ecuador. I had one request from my parents, they demanded good service, good hotels, no expense surprises, mountains and beaches. All this in 7 days.
I asked around and we picked Costa Rica, and a friend of mine referred Valle Dorado Tours. So I approached them to get some guidance on what options and places to see in Costa Rica. I was able to e-mail Jorge Montero, the owner and general manager of Valle Dorado Tours, he has been in the tourism industry for more than 15 years. A highly professional and kind, he immediately (2 days) put together a package that included the most general request I asked. Illiam, Jorge´s assistant helped in fine tuning the proposal been in contact with me constantly. They answer all my questions, from the most general such as what clothes to bring to providing a list of catholic churches near our San Jose hotel. The final package they provided sold me instantly, it included pictures of some of the landscape we would see, hotel pictures, the actual bus we would ride in, etc. They provided advice on hotels depending on our demands and not driven simply by prices. For example, they advised us that was not worth it to spend the extra money in a more upscale hotel in San Jose since we would spend only one night at arrival and would be so tired that would not even enjoy the amenities, instead they recommended to go all out in the hotels in Manuel Antonio and Arenal.
They took in consideration that we had early flights on our return date and provided advice to stay in Manuel Antonio rather than Playa Conchal since is closer to San Jose.
Once we arrived to Costa Rica, Valle Dorado put attention to the smallest detail possible to make our stay more than pleasant. Marvin our driver and guide showed professionalism and kindness that my family will always remember as part of this vacation.
Costa Rica is a beautiful country, its people, its businesses such as Vale Dorado tours make this country worth visiting.

Visited September 2013
valledoradotours, Propietario at Valle Dorado, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Thanks for your kind comments. Was a pleasure to help you with your tour arrangements in Costa Rica.