“A memorable stay for all the right reasons.”
Review of Cocoon Hotel

Cocoon Hotel
Ranked #54 of 77 Hotels in San Jose
Bocas del Toro, Bocas del Toro, Panama
“A memorable stay for all the right reasons.”
Reviewed 30 November 2012

This was our first trip to San Jose, so I was looking for a nice hotel that my husband and I could enjoy. We live full-time on a boat, so comfort and price were important to us. I did quite a bit of comparison shopping before picking this hotel. You never really know what the place will be like until you get there; are the pictures accurate, will the staff be nice, are the reviews genuine. What a surprise and relief! The hotel was fantastic! The lobby is the first impression and what an excellent one. Whoever furnished this hotel has a great eye for style and funkiness. The staff were all friendly and helpful. I have to give a big thank-you to Christian who was on the reception when we arrived. He booked us in, gave us helpful information about restaurants within walking distance and even help us find the right bus to get back to Panama. He is an asset to the company. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable, everything worked correctly. Our trip to Costa Rica was memorable and I highly recommend the Cocoon Hotel. Thank-you.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Shelley T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Princes Town
Reviewed 3 November 2012

my boyfriend and i stayed at this hotel for our last night in costa rica. it was one of the better hotels, for a very reasonable price, judging from what we saw while driving through the city. the staff was very helpful, the hotel is very clean and chic. the room was clean, linens were clean, and the bathroom was a decent size. very comfortable accomodations overall for our short stay. its close to the main shopping and dinig streets in san jose so the location is good if you want to experience the nightlife of the city.

the only negative thing i can say about this hotel is that there is not eough car parks. the hotel has two parking spots from an adjacent public car park, but if those are full (which they were when we got there) you have to pay to keep your car there.

but overall, it was a very comfortable, clean hotel for our short stay in san jose.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Anniesa G
panama
Reviewed 26 September 2012

I was staying in this hotel for 4 days, compared the service i got, i couldn't believe the price at the end of my stay!!!
I really recommend this city hotel to you, because the team was very friendly, they helped me a lot with the informations about where to go and what to do. The room has a very nice decoration, we felt very comfortable.

Room Tip: Rooms in the first floor have air conditioning.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank chenPanama
Ximena G, Gerente at Cocoon Hotel, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
Dear. ChenPanama

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a nice review. We are so glad that you had a great time with us and that our staff was able to help you with different things. Next time you visit Costa Rica, please come to visit us, it would be our placer to see you again.

Warm regards.
Paris, France
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Summary: Great location, friendly staff and a very pleasant and comfortable stay.

A bit of Detail: My girlfriend and I stayed 2 days at the Cocoon when we arrived to San Jose, then travelled to the Pacific coast. At the end of our vacation we were back at San Jose and we decided to stay there again for another 2 nights.

The place is really clean and the lounge area is very welcoming. Chill music and the modern open space made for a nice atmosphere. Wifi worked great in the lounge and our room and was included in the price.

At one point we needed a taxi to go just out of town to a mountain-side restaurant. After helping us make the reservation (we don't speak Spanish), the guy working there walked a few blocks with me to a taxi station and negotiated on my behalf for the best price.

Based on service, location and comfort, this is the best price-to-value that you can get.

Room Tip: We stayed at 2 different ones, both were good.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank AlexShaikevich
Ximena G, Gerente at Cocoon Hotel, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
Dear Mr. AlexShaikevich.
Thank you for staying with us while in San José. I am glad you enjoy your stay with us and that our staff was helpful.
We appreciate you liked are new hotel style with chill music and modern atmosphere. I already pass your comments to our staff and they are really happy about it. It woulb be my pleasure to meet you in person next time you come visit us in San Jose.
Warm Regards.
Wien
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I had a stay in this hotel for 2 nights and i have to tell you all, that i was positively surprised how stylish and comfortable this place is, and the price was just 50$ per night! AMAZING! The hotel is just 100 meters away from the big bus station and very close to the old traditional town center. We enjoyed very much the big lounge area with a lot of plants and flowers everywhere. The bamboo style gives you a feeling of escaping from the city and back to the nature! The rooms are very nice designed and very clean. There was also a very big flat screen in our room and the staff was realy very very friendly. Also the general manager called Ximena helped us with very good tips how to explore the surrounding are. Big thank you to the Cocoon team! We will come back for sure!!!! pura vida

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank arobitza
Ximena G, Gerente at Cocoon Hotel, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
Dear Arobitza
We really appreciate your comments on this review. It was my pleasure to help you and give some choices for you to visit San Jose.
I am glad you liked our brand new design of bamboo, plants and calm atmosphere. Please let me now when you are coming back to san jose or feel free to write me at xsaenz@cocoonhotel.cr in order to help you with your reservation.

Regards.
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Costa Rica
Reviewed 12 August 2012

This Hotel is a jewel in Downtown San José. Has great prices and the quality is like staying in a 4 star hotel! I stayed in a room with A/C, 32 inch TV, great bathroom amenities and the best its decor and ambience. The lobby has a great bar and friendly staff. The food from the Deli has very reasonable pricing for travellers with a budget! I come often to San Jose and definetelly their rates are the best in town! No better place for relaxing in downtown!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Edward F
Prague, Hlavni Mesto Praha, Czech Republic
Reviewed 10 August 2012

The rooms are amazing and very comfortable. The beds are just exquisite.

The stuff is super friendly and they always guided me around the best options to have a great time in Costa Rica.

Very close to the capital city, pratically walking distance from everywhere.

Thanks guys!! I had a great time!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Gustavo G
Ximena G, Gerente at Cocoon Hotel, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
Dear Gustavo G.
This is an excellent review. We are glad you had a great time with us. All our mattresses are bran new and with best comfort quality. Please contact me directly next time, it would be my pleasure to meet you and receive more suggestions yo may have in order yo improve our services and facilities.
Regards!!