“cockroach in my pasta”

Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
San Jose, Costa Rica
“cockroach in my pasta”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

the worst experience ever. my boyfriend and I decided to try the new restaurant. service was good, the waiter was polite and knew his menu, he offered us the daily special and we took it.
it was pasta. when it arrived and we set out to eat I stir my pasta and there it was, cooked within the pasta, a dead cockroach. it as completely disgusting. I regret not taking a picture, the waiter called the "manager" and she just arrived to the table like if the issue was not important, and decided she was still going to charge for the meals!!!!!!!!!!!! i wouldn't have paid a penny, but my boyfriend was polite enough to do so, knowing we will NEVER come back.
I just think the situation should've been managed differently. even if it shouldn't, those things happen, but the so called manager should've tried to a large extent, to solve the situation differently. that was immature and very unprofessional of her.
more because of her attitude than for the incident they have lost at least 10 clients, all my piers at work were informed.

• Visited December 2013

Newburgh, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent authentic Italian food in the heart of the city.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

We were staying at the Tryp Sabana a few blocks away and stumbled onto this cute little Italian restaurant. We LOVED everything about it. The decor was warm and inviting and very clean. The food was amazing! The pasta and the risotto and the pizza all were out of this world and the prices were great too. We actually came back and ate here 4 times and recommended it to everyone staying at our hotel. They all came and loved it too! We were sad to leave this place and Carlos our waiter was wonderful. He explained everything on the menu and took great care of us! We definitely missed him and the wonderful food when we left the San Jose! Stop by and you won't be disappointed!!!

• Visited January 2013
“Surprisingly good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2013 via mobile

Spent a couple of days in San Jose and found this nice Italian restaurant near our hotel. A group of five of us had a couple of salads, a pizza, calzone, and some pasta. The food was great, the service was excellent, and the restaurant seemed exceptionally clean. The guy running the place spoke good English even though the menu was in Spanish which made ordering easier.

New England
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2012

This lovely restaurant is a great find. We split a caeser salad and a thin crust pizza. It was perfect! We will be going back again tonight.

Raynham, Massachusetts
“Perfect Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2012

We happened upon the Basilico as we were walking to the center of the city. Three couples, three different pizzas, and we all loved each and every one! Pizza could not have been more delicious! If you like thin crust pizza, this is the pizza for you! Service was fantastic. I can't say enough about the pizza and service. I highly recommend the Basilico and when we return to San Jose some day, we will definitely eat there again. Now to find the perfect pizza back home.

• Visited October 2012