“WORST Hotel I've every stayed at in Costa Rica”

Park Inn by Radisson San Jose
Ranked #9 of 78 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 10 March 2014

By far the absolute worst hotel I've stayed at in Costa Rica. Poor EVERYTHING, including customer service. No lights on in the hallways, no hot water, had to keep complaining and have workers come in and out of my room. As a woman traveling alone, this is a very scary place. I took pictures of the workman and 2 men in suits standing in my room as I was standing there in a robe awaiting hot water. Andres (supervisor) ran the guys out as fast as he could, like little school girls. I demanded that Norman Monge the manager call me, however, they told me he wasn't in and said they would have him call me and then Maria (the so called Operations Manager) called me and said he wouldn't be calling me and that he wouldn't be in until tomorrow afternoon (very convenient since I am only staying one night and they know it) This hotel is way overpriced for what you get, I highly recommend any other hotel, as this hotel has horrible customer service and they really don't seem to care. Andres then started yelling at me in the hallway and telling me that I couldn't photograph them without their permission, I told him to call the police...this was THEIR problem. This just goes to show you how this hotel treats its customers. This place gives Radisson a bad name. This experience was so bad I am contacting Carlson group who owns Park Inns by Radisson and filing a formal complaint. I WILL post the photos when I return home to Atlanta

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Christian248
Gerencia G, Gerente at Park Inn by Radisson San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

We are sorry you had a bad experience at the hotel. We will appriciate if you can contact our general manager directly, Mr. Norman Monge, Phone (506) 2257-1011; norman.monge@parkinncostarica.com. He would like to attend your comment personally.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stayed here twice within a couple of weeks to enable us to hook up to the airport which is only 20 mins away by taxi.
The hotel is within 10-15 minutes walk of the town centre but there is not much in the immediate vicinity.
We found it of a high standard all round and could not really fault it.
Whilst all the staff were fine one in particular,Daniel who worked in the resturant area is worthy of special mention. He was very articulate,engaging and a very good representative of the hotel .
The restaurant was reasonably priced with a casual menu that did not make you particularly want or need to go out to eat.
Rooms were spacious with a high spec and free wi fi.
I would recommend this for anyone looking for a short stay in town as long as you don't mind it being out of the centre of town.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Gerencia G, Gerente at Park Inn by Radisson San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to letting us know how was your stay
We are glad to know you enjoy our facilities and convenient location.
I will make sure Daniel gets your review

We look forward to welcome you again!

Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a week in November. Got a good deal on a travel website and was so impressed when I got there. I've stayed in several hotels in San Jose and this was by far my favorite. The rooms are just as cool, sleek and modern as they look on the website. The shower was amazing! The pool was actually nicer than it looked in the photos on the website. Breakfast was included as well and it was always super yummy and different every day. It's a two block walk to the main road. But the location felt safe and it's within walking distance of the market, museums, etc.

Will stay there again for sure next time I'm in CR!!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Mieko V

Thank you very much for your kind review.
We are happy to hear you enjoyed, and we look foward to welcome you again at the Park Inn.
Best regards! Pura Vida!

Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

We ended up at the Park Inn after a medical emergency and the guys at the front desk could not have been more helpful. From the time we came through the door they took care of getting us into a very nice room. The bed was very comfortable and we were able to extend our stay as needed. Breakfast was good and the dining room staff was very friendly and multi-lingual. A well run operation in walking distance to downtown.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay at our Hotel.
We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and more than pleased to know how much you appreciate our team efforts and service.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

The hotel is modern and new - very clean and contemporary look and feel. The rooms are spacious and have nice territorial views of the city and the mountains and are plenty comfortable in terms of the beds.

The hotel is a quick 15 min or so away from the main downtown activities in San Jose, but didn't seem like the best of places to be after dark (inside the hotel was totally fine and it was totally safe during the day).

We ended up eating dinner at the hotel restaurant which was actually pretty good (if not a little pricey). The breakfast buffet was also quite good.

The hotel does have a workout room and it was a little interesting (a bit of a disco theme) though it did have ample equipment for a quick on the road workout.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

We look foward to welcome you again at the new Park Inn San José
Best Regards.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed here before and after our adventure tour. Enjoyed all the meals and services provided. Found the internet to be a problem, oh well. Staff could receive some english lessons. The swimming pool is a big disappointment if you want to swim.

Please be careful when purchasing your exit visa at the GrayLine office in the lobby. They charged me for 3 people when I had asked for only two exit visas and was given two forms.

Too bad the location is not great, but this is a nice place to stay and enjoy your meals when you want to only get in and out of San Jose.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Winerpeg
Gerencia G, Gerente at Park Inn by Radisson San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

We appreciate your comment.
We will forward your information to gray line so they can resolve the issue of your purchase.
We have never had problems with the internet, and the hotel has 2 different suppliers to assure our customers an excellent connection at all time, we are sorry you experience problems with the internet as it is not usual in our property.
Our pool is located on the third floor, it is a small and nice outdoor /heated pool ideal for relaxation after a long day at the city
We hope we can welcome you again at our restaurant RBG and at the Park Inn Hotel.
Best Regards.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed at the Grano de Oro last year and was disappointed that the hotel didn't have any rooms available for my travel dates this year. So we booked the Park Inn instead and were pleasantly surprised! It's located less than 2 blocks away from the Grano do Oro in a quiet neighborhood, but within walking distance of central San Jose. While it doesn't have the charm of the Grano de Oro, it offers many things the Grano does not, such as a swimming pool, a well-equipped workout room, and great views (it's 12 stories vs. 2 at the Grano). The Park Inn staff is professional, friendly and courteous. And don't be put off by the photo of the lobby -- it looks much better in person. Also, the large walk-in showers are amazing.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank marco3

Thank you for taking the time to letting us know how was your stay
We are glad to know you enjoy your time at Park Inn, and we look forward to welcome you again at the Park Inn on your next visit to Costa Rica.