“Best Option Downtown”

Ranked #19 of 78 Hotels in San Jose
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“Best Option Downtown”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

This hotel has been renovated and reopened. I stayed here with my wife and baby last week and we were very pleased. The staff was eager to help, went out of their way to meet our needs and make us feel at home. Knowing the fact that we have a child with us, the marketing manager upgraded as to a junior suite. We stayed on the fourth floor and even though the floor is very popular with the visitors, we felt very private.

We were able to park our rental car in the secure area, take the elevator straight to the 4th floor and be in our room safe and secure in a matter of seconds. We used to stay at the Presidente but the street noise was unbearable. Needless to say that we will be returning to the hotel Mona Lisa.

Room Tip: The 4th floor is the best
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed 20 September 2013

This was my first trip to Costa Rica and I must say,the hotel is great,beautifully decorated,very clean and modern.The rooms are spacious and I was able to watch my sports channels in high definition in my room.Thanks hotel Mona Lisa for a unforgettable time

1 Thank Jeanius L
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I have stayed at several Hotels in the City of San Jose. However, I always found it to be too noisy, beds too uncomfortable or too far to walk for a variety of shopping and dining.
Now I have discovered the Mona Lisa with comfortable beds, and a quiet night when I am ready to call it a day.

• Stayed February 2013
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed 18 September 2013

A small group of us stayed at the Mona Lisa to spend the night, before leaving the next morning, after a week of fishing in Jaco. This place has a lot of potential but still needs some work. The AC in 3 of our 4 rooms did not work and they have free standing fans. I will say that the AC was not a problem since it's very cool at night and didn't have any problems. The rooms are good, but a little worn down, and they were clean. The staff was very helpful and a pleasure to deal with. The casino was small and fine for Costa Rica with a couple tables of Rummy, Roulette and a few slot machines.

Our only issue that bothered us was the in-room safes. They were more like cash and carries. Only one of the safes was secured to something and that was only one small bolt secured to the baseboard in a closet. The rest of the safes sat next to the TV and could be moved around the room.

There was a special rate of $49.99/night so really couldn't complain. Overall nice place for the money.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

One of the best hotel I been too I loved it I enjoyed myself I can vacate there for a whole year.....I also enjoy the food too.y soon to be wife says she wants to have our weeding there and since we like the hotel so much I think it's a plan.........

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank ROADKODE
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 15 September 2013

The Mona Lisa is a wonderful value, I was very pleased with the size of the rooms and the service. I was in San Jose on a budget and I have to say that the room rate is really unmatched in Downtown San Jose. My room was the price of a motel but was comparable to that of a Top brand hotel. Guy took care of my every need and really listened to our comments.
The wait staff was also extremely pleasant and friendly and seemed to truly care about my needs. The casino offers full action and is as nice as any in San Jose. The food is wonderful too. I am sure to be back!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I stayed at Mona Lisa for 4 nights in early September this year. And I was very pleased I decided to stay there. While there are are other choices of hotels in the area, Mona Lisa is clean, secure, and most of all, the staff I encountered were exceptional.
First, Guy the hotel manager goes extra mile to take care of me when I had a request or had questions about Costa Rica in general. All the bartenders knew me by my name by the second day.
As for my room, King size bed, safe, mini fridge, flat screen, and a couch set. Awesome room.
They also have a restaurant and casino (looked like the poker room was very busy). One of the best treat I got was the professional massage by Yorleny. She did wonders to my aching back after my day trips, zip line, etc. It was only $40 for 60 min massage. I would highly recommend using her service if you are in town.