“Best Hotel in San Jose” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 85 Hotels in San Jose
Tampa, Florida
“Best Hotel in San Jose”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

All I can say about Jeff P's review & Jack E's review is BS!! I've stayed here several times & many of my friends also since they opened & have NEVER had an issue like they claim. I've stayed at several others too with only minor issues. Sounds to me like a local competitor leaving a bad review or someone wasn't keeping an eye on their tica!! There is always a manager available & I dont think any of them gamble. The food has dramatically improved since they 1st opened. George has gone through a few cooks & now has a good one. A couple of their items need some work but we are spoiled in the states & elsewhere & sometimes forget we aren't in Kansas any more. Stop wining & figure out what you like. Theres tons of great little places extremely close by that serve very good food also, but they too need to work on a few things. You want perfect stay at home & burn your own toast. The staff at The Mona Lisa are well trained & will do anything to make your trip there as enjoyable as humanly possible. Tom, George & Helmut are the best & Guy is absolutely possitively what puts this place over the top. Everyones hands on & always available. Speaking of hands on, this places little diamond in the rough is the georgeous Yorleny. With out a doubt she gives the absolute very best professional massage that you can not get anywhere else on this planet!! She's just short of 5' but I'm telling you, she doesn't short you on a massage. Only $40 & don't forget to tip!!! There's only a couple places in SJ that you can visit & pretty much not have to leave your hotel & this is one of them. 5 Star all the way !!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Get the King rooms. They are worth the extra money. 3rd floor is the best
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Guy G, Guest Relations Manager at Taormina Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank you so much for your very kind review of our hotel. It's a pleasure to know you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit. Thanks again, Guy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Pompano Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

I'm no stranger to San Jose. I've stayed at quite a few places downtown and normally don't complain.

This last visit, I stayed at this hotel. Left to go eat dinner. When I got back, my safe had been opened and $600 had been taken. Everything about his screams inside job. Only someone with a key could have entered the safe.

Stay away from this place, unless your idea of a good time is having your things stolen.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Jeff P
Thanks for staying with us. We're very sorry to hear about your problem with your safe. We just replaced the older safes with 25 brand new safes. All our other safes have been moved from one room to another and we changed all the numbers on them so there is no way to know what safe is from what room. It's all done by secret code. All keys are locked up in a special box inside a safe with only one manager that has the key. We apologize for any inconvenience. I've worked at many hotels and it seems to happen everywhere but we are taking action to prevent it in the future.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

I read about a promo at this place so I booked a weekend. When I arrived, I had to argue with several people before they agreed to give me the advertised price. The restaurant is pretty, with horrible food. The internet doesn't work, The rooms smell like an old folks home, and all the managers were playing poker and couldn't be bothered to resolve customer problems. The icing on the cake was my credit card statement had a different total than the charge slip that I signed in Costa Rica. What a dump.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Jack E
Guy G, Guest Relations Manager at Taormina Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear Guest, I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. My staff and I reviewed each of your comments and have taken appropriate action to reslove each issue.
We greatly appreciate your feedback as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience.
Hope you will give us another chance to service you in the future.
Hutchinson, ks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

I stayed at Mona Lisa for the first time and was very impressed. We were treated like rock stars at check in. Hotel Director of Guest Services, Guy Grand met us at check in and personally saw to it that all our needs were met. He made sure we had good rooms and even took the time to give us a personal tour of the property. The front desk staff was very polite and accommodating.They made sure we were well taken care of. Rooms were very clean and all facilities worked to our expectations. I would highly recommend staying at the Hotel Mona Lisa.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WOW. Seems like you had a Fabulous stay at our hotel. Glad to hear you found the rooms very clean and the staff friendly and helpful. Sounds like everyone is doing their job ! Thank you for your kind words and your patronage and hope to see you again very soon. Pura Vida ...
Director of Guest Services = Guy Grand
Seabrook, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Stayed at the Mona Lisa for the first time and loved it. Rooms were large, people were friendly, and prices was right. Helmuth and Guy did a great job along with everyone associated with the hotel. I will stay at the Mona Lisa again next time I go to Costa Rica. Also the bartenders and waitress were great and beautiful

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and the staff here at the Hotel Mona Lisa met with your approval. We do our best here to make sure you enjoy your stay and try and take care of all your needs. Thanks again for staying with us and the very nice review you wrote.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

The thing I enjoy most about this hotel, is that they have excellent people. Starting with the manager, Helmuth, through their check-in staff, bell-captain, bartenders, and all I have come in contact with. They are continuing upgrading the rooms. The location is great right in downtown, 2 minute walk from Morazán Park.

Room Tip: The inside rooms (I believe facing North) are quieter in the mornings.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank khush d
I was very pleased to note that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I will be delighted to share your feedback with my staff as I know they will be encouraged by it., It gives us great joy to read a positive review to truly monitor our standards of Service.
Augusta, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

we just got back from costa rica and thought we'd write a review for the mona lisa hotel...we stayed a couple nites in the beginning of our trip, then went to mountain lodge and then on to the pacific coast, we also stayed a couple nite at the end. The hotel staff is great and helpful!! food that we had was great. in downtown walking distance to shopping, historic sites and parks. stayed there last year as well. rates are affordable.
scott and kelley

Room Tip: rooms in the back are quieter
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
So happy to hear you had a pleasurable time here at the Hotel Mona Lisa. We're here to please you and make sure your stay is enjoyable and the service good. We look forward to your next visit and thanks again for the very kind review. Pura Vida