“Delicious!”

Ranked #114 of 686 Restaurants in San Jose
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

Great food and smoothies! Pineapple smoothie is to die for. Best in Costa Rica! We went there 4 times in our 12 day stay in Jaco. Breakfast pizza was no good but everything else was amazing. Hummus platter, chicken platter both delicious! Must try pineapple smoothie!! Best bang for your buck in Jaco too!

Reviewed 27 July 2013

No regrets after eating here, they have several fresh fish options and a decent salad bar.
I personally like this place because its hard to find a good tuna steak around town.
Kudos to owner for their great design and architecture of their restaurants.

Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

I eat here most of the times in here and is just simply great! The breakfast option starting at $3 is awesome, they changed the option everyday. All the produce is fresh and the potatoes are great!! The tuna steak is delicious and the calamari pita is super yummy and the mix potatoes a tootal success!!!

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Their gallo pinto was fantastic. We ate here for breakfast almost every day and had lunch one time. My husband was a huge fan of the smoothies too. We recommended the restaurant to many others. The $3 special is great. They are closed on Monday only. We loved the atmosphere too.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

I enjoyed the food and smoothies at Taco Bar. However, I traveled with a group of college students, and a couple of the students became sick after eating at the restaurant. They had some problems adjusting to the culture's foods, so it may not have been Taco Bar's fault.

The prices were very reasonable, and the numerous options made decisions hard. The bar for the tacos had many different condiments and accompaniments to add to your entree. I loved being able to choose what to eat with my taco! Also, I had a banana smoothie, which was very fresh and delicious.

The atmosphere was modern, yet unique to Costa Rica's culture. I enjoyed sitting on the swinging chairs while I ate my meal. I would recommend giving Taco Bar a try!