“Lovely hostel!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
“Lovely hostel!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We started our trip to Costa Rica here and returned again at the end. This hostel is in the house of a very nice couple. The airport shuttle service is perfect. They got us a map and really helped us out with a lot of information that helped us planning our trip. And they make you free pancakes for breakfast!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

costaricalove2, Propietario at Costa Rica Love Apartments & rooms, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Hello girls!!

Thank for the review and we had a exelent time with you two

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 23 September 2013

What a great deal! This is the first time that I'd ever stayed in a Hostel, and I'll be sure to make it a pattern over a hotel anyday, after this experience! I got picked up at the bus station (as I traveled to Costa Rica by bus from El Salvador) late at night by one of the owners of the Hostel at 11pm. For 10.00 he gave me a ride back to the hostel where I got settled in and discovered that there was a "tourist menu." You can take the same tours with the hostel, as you can with the tourism companies. Its a great deal! During my short stay there, I enjoyed the hospitality and tours by the staff. I will say, the place is not immaculate, but there is free breakfast, and for the price, I'd do it again, hands down. :)

Room Tip: The room I stayed in had 3 bunks, so, room for 6. Blanket and pillow provided.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
costaricalove2, Propietario at Costa Rica Love Apartments & rooms, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
we really enjoy your time with us!!

the best rate for the best friends
Florida
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Costa Rica Love Hostel in Santo Domingo ran by an exceptionally likeable couple. They have a charming house with private, semiprivate and dorm rooms. I found the couple immensely helpful in finding things to see and do. They run an excellent shuttle and tour service to many unique spots around the country. Contact information is costaricalovehopstel@gmail.com,

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
hello caro!!

i know that you are haveng a nice time to south america
thxs for the review you know that you are part of the family ;)
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Very pleasent stuff! It is a bit hard to find the place at the start, so I recomend you to order airport pickup. The location is a bit out of center, but there is a cheap bus to the center (315 colones). It is located in the safest part of San Jose, where is no sign of criminal. The owner speaks english fluently and he offers a lot of tours at available prices. He also helps you with finding the right bus if you decide to go on your own. It is an really good value for the money!

• Stayed September 2013
costaricalove2, Gerente at Costa Rica Love Apartments & rooms, responded to this review, 14 September 2013
we are very happy for your time with us
as you said the best and cheap option to come is with us just $16 os a good deal
and we are happy to be declared the safe and best place to be in costa rica for international organization
Paris, France
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Stayed here a few weeks ago with my boyfriend and are very happy with the stay! Manfred and his lovely wife, who are the two owners, were so nice and helpful! We stayed in a quite spacious double room and were very happy with it. The room was clean and quite, even though we stayed next to the dorm. The entire hostel was very quite, with everybody sleeping early and exhausted from the hotsprings and rainforest trips organised by Manfred. The neighbourhood was safe, well lighted and quite as well, with a wallmart close by, some good restaurant offering typical food and a couple of bars to finish the evening. Higly recomand it!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

and you are right is the best place to relax and rest...we have a big schedule for the best rate in the contry
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Stayed here a few months ago. My girlfriend booked the hostel (not blaming her :) ), but I would have liked to stay somewhere closer to San Jose. The room was not clean, but the price was very low, so I guess you pay for what you get. We had some trouble finding the hostel as well. I will say, though, that the staff was pretty welcoming.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
costaricalovehostel, Gerente at Costa Rica Love Apartments & rooms, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
all adreees in costa rica is dificult...but thats why we give the best rate for transportations...
the rooms we clean them every day ... and thanks to apreciate our service to you my friend.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 15 July 2013

A good located hostel with all amenities, clean and breakfast included. Great atmosphere with travellers from all over the world. The staff helped with all the information I needed about the places I wanted to visit in Costa Rica and with their own recommendations. They made me feel like I was staying at a friend house. If one day I go back to San Jose I'll stay there again for sure.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
hello vic
now you know here is a friends hostel... all as we can do we will do it, just to make happy the people :)