“Amazing Pub Crawl and Tour”
Review of Carpe Chepe

Carpe Chepe
Book In Advance
More Info
US$25.00*
and up
Carpe Chepe Pub Crawl in San Jose with...
Ranked #1 of 14 Nightlife in San Jose
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Wanna drink like a local in San Jose? Gotta hang out with the locals! Come with us for a night walk and discover the bars concurred by the local crowd in a beautiful route that will show how beautiful is SJO at night. We hit 4 bars and clubs (completely different one from the other) and you'll get a house shot at all four bars. Also, we make no lines and club cover fees are included.
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I can't recommend this company enough. Not only was this a pub crawl, but a great city tour of San Jose as well. I covered so many spots I wouldn't have otherwise seen in the city of San Jose. It was only 5 of us on the crawl on a Thursday night (3 Americans, 2 Japanese, and 1 Costa Rican), but we had 4 employees of Carpe Chepe with us. It was only supposed to be Iva and Rolando working, but we had our own personal security guy and owner Marcos Pitti was kind enough to join, eager to test out his new camera. My friend and I didn't have our IDs on us (we left them at our hotel since we didn't know how safe San Jose would be), so Marcos bailed us out and drove us back to our hotel to get them in case we were carded at the bars.

The pub crawl included a little of everything...we had an Irish pub serving craft beers, a bar with amazing history, a dance club/bar packed with locals of all ages, and a bar with live music. The reason this pub crawl exceeded my expectations was the fact that the Carpe Chepe guides with us all did a wonderful job giving us tidbits of history of the city and landmarks we encountered along the way. I love to take pictures and got several of parks, plazas, and historical buildings I would never have found on my own. All in all, this was a great pub crawl in which you get to see the city and make some new friends along the way.

6  Thank Manny C
"insight"
"stress"
"sites"

Reviewed 27 March 2014

The tour was excellent, and for a great price. All the staff was very friendly and polyglottal. In between bars, the guides will give you the history of San Jose. A bunch of drunk tourists sounds like easy prey, but the tour includes a personal security escort to take you from bar to bar. All in all, a great time!

2  Thank James S
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Be a part of the "In" crowd at great bars and clubs with reserved seats, welcome shots, nice music, laughs and good conversations with new friends. Carpe Chepe gives you the VIP treatment- bypassing long lines at popular and trendy clubs, and you'll be with a staff of professional party planners that includes a security guard throughout the 6 hour tour! Carpe Chepe - they know how to party!

2  Thank Jarrod P
Reviewed 10 December 2013

The Chepe Tour is amazing and a whole lot of fun. I went to San Jose in October by myself and needed to find a place where I could meet new people. I found out about the Chepe Pub Crawl and it was the most fun I’ve ever had. The tour involves walking to 4 or 5 bars around the city of san jose. The group that you go with is super friendly and a lot of fun. The tour includes a shot at each bar too! Nothing like walking around in the middle of the night with a huge group sharing laughs and having a few drinks. It is amazing. Also the tour includes some culture and tons of facts and history about the city of san jose. Even after drinking that night and partying like a rock star a month later I remember the facts I learned about the history. So in conclusion
- Meet tons of cool people
- free shot with each bar visit
- super fun friendly hosts who have no problem introducing you to other people
- great bars to visit

Do not miss this opportunity. My only regret is I only did the tour once instead of twice.

2  Thank Jeff M