“Day trip in Costa Rica”

Syltravel Day Tours
Ranked #21 of 95 Tours in San Jose
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a company focused on providing personalized travel services with the highest standards of quality, producing travel programs to suit the needs of our customers.Our landmark is based on customized travel planning improving our services and increasing our already-high level of customer satisfaction.
Reviewed 17 May 2014

My husband and I love to learn about new places. Our tour guide Renato seemed more interested in telling is about himself and his history, which I can certainly appreciate but I was curious about the port history, the points of interest we passed and the history of the area. Basic information would have been good like, population, industry, short history. To get that kind of information I had to ask. He couldn't even tell us what the fields of study were at a beautiful university we passed! IHe seemed a bit contemptuous of the students there. I think before taking more tours out, he should learn more about his local history. We did learn he wants to know how he can get entry into the US OR Canada and that he would love to live in Beverly Hills! We did see a monkey farm which I would have preferred NOT To see. It was kind of ghetto looking. You would think anyplace that wants to be a tour attraction would make the area a little more inviting. The place we went to looked like a dump!
We did go on a beautiful river tour where we got to see crocodiles and the mangrove as well as the local aviary wildlife. That was a wonderful tour! Our guide on that tour was very personable and knowledgeable. We really enjoyed that!
To Renatos credit he did stop the tour long enough to walk us over a bridge where we could see crocodiles below. Before going over the bridge we stopped at a local fruit stand where we had an opportunity to enjoy some of the local produce.
All in all it was a good tour but I think Renato needs to focus a little more on showing guests the delights of Costa Rica than daydreaming about Beverly Hills.
I wish my Spanish was a little better so I could speak to the driver a little more. While waiting for the monkey brigade to return he was very informative and gave me more information about Costa Rica than Renato did. The driver would be a wonderful guide for a Spanish speaking tour. Even in y broken Spanish I learned quite a bit about the area from him.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We came by NCL Star and took the local guide Harold who took us to the part Pura Vida. On the way we saw the crocs, monkeys and birds. We tasted local fruit and managed to do some shopping. Overall we had a wonderful day and for 6 of us it was US$ 25 per person. Our guide was very knowledgeable about Costa Rica but also about our countries, well done. Can only recommend to take the local tour rather than book the ship excursions (expensive, crowded and slow).

Reviewed 7 May 2014

My wife and I joiined a van tour with Kari Nelson.
It was a thoroughly enjoyable day, Kari showed us the area and told us about the people, the country and life for a young American lady in a foreign. country.
We saw the crocodiles, monkeys and coatis in the wild, a real thrill!
She was informative, charming and a treat to soend the day with.

Thanks Kari!

Bob Greene and Susan Amacher.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Just returned form a cruise that had a day stop at Puntarenas, Costa Rica. Four of us decided to use a local guide for our adventure. Upon stepping off the ship we were greeted by someone from Syltravel, local guide service and were on our way. $25 bucks each and we were with our American English speaking guide KARI NELSON (in an air conditioned van) for 4 to 5 hour and another $25 bucks for a river cruise where you will see lots of bird life, turtles and crocodiles. Also a stop for fresh fruit at an open air market, shopping and history lesson. Did I mention a stop at a family home were you'll have a chance to feed and be photographed with monkeys.
KARI YOU WERE AWESOME.Thanks for the memories that will last a life time.

Bob L.

1  Thank Bob L
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We had such a great experience with our tour guide Kari, an American which spoke the Spanish language perfectly. Our diver was from Limon and really knew the area plus a real slant on the flora and fauna. We stopped many times to see to local plants and animals. We had a nice lunch on the beach and sampled many of the local favorites. They were also able to get us to the top of a high hill to get a picture of us all with the ship in the background...It was a great tour and Highly Recommend!