“Amazing tours!”

Syltravel Day Tours
Ranked #18 of 94 Tours in San Jose
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a company focused on providing personalized travel services with the highest standards of quality, producing travel programs to suit the needs of our customers.Our landmark is based on customized travel planning improving our services and increasing our already-high level of customer satisfaction.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing tours!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We used SYL Travel for our airport transfers to Puntarenas as well as our excursions to Baldi Hot Springs, zip lining and Jaco beach and Tortuga Island. I could not have asked for a more enjoyable trip! Jesus was our guide and he was very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions and then some! Mario our driver made us feel safe driving through the curvy mountain roads even in the rain at night! I can honestly say this company made our trip! They were very professional and informative and we did not have to worry about anything but having fun and making memories. I would not hesitate to use them again and tell all my friends to use them any time they are in the area. You will not be disappointed!

Visited May 2014

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“In Good Hands with Syl Travel Tours”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My girls & I had an amazing time in Puntarenas, Costa Rica. There were 7 of us total. Prior to our arrival we found Syl Travel Tours online & checked them out on Trip Advisors. They were located right across the street from our hotel (Doubletree Hilton -Central Pacific) so we decided to let them handle our airport transportation / excursions. I am SOO glad we did!!!

We were taken such good care of by Edgar (owner), Mario (driver), and Jesus (our tour guide). They were always on time (if not early) to pick us up & made us feel safe whenever we were with them.

We took 3 excursions... (1) The Arenal Volcano & Hot Springs was so relaxing. Jesus entertained us the entire trip & filled us with history of the island on our ride to/from the hot springs. (2) First we went zip lining & to Jaco Beach. We made an unexpected stop at a monkey farm. This was the BEST experience! The monkeys came and grabbed fruits right out of your hands. We saw crocodiles & stopped at various markets & a local restaurant to experience more of the Costa Rican culture. (3) We ended out stay with a boat ride over to Tortuga Island. This island felt like our own private beach with wildlife all around us. It was beautiful. We even had a homemade meal prepared for us during our visit. Delicious!!!

I would recommend Syl Travel Tours to anyone who is traveling to Costa Rica & staying in the Puntarenas area. They are truly the best. When I come back I will surely look them up.

Thanks Guys!!! Pura Vida!!!

Visited June 2014
Carmel, California
“A nice day trip in Puntarenas”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Our cruise ship spent a day in the port of Puntarenas, Costa Rica. We decided to take a local tour after being approached by a Syltravel representative. We were a group of 5 and were put on a private van with air conditioning, a pleasant driver and our charming guide Kari. She is an American that has been studying, teaching and living in Costa Rica. It was a treat to have someone who was knowledgeable about the area and who we could understand clearly. We asked her lots of questions about her experiences abroad which was very interesting. We stopped at a local home where the white face monkeys are abundant. Great picture opportunity as they will come right up and retrieve food off your shoulder. We also took the river tour and got up close and personal with the crocodiles. We learned all sorts of interesting things about this beautiful country and enjoyed a great day. Kari was awesome!

Visited May 2014
Tacoma, WA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Day trip in Costa Rica”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

My husband and I love to learn about new places. Our tour guide Renato seemed more interested in telling is about himself and his history, which I can certainly appreciate but I was curious about the port history, the points of interest we passed and the history of the area. Basic information would have been good like, population, industry, short history. To get that kind of information I had to ask. He couldn't even tell us what the fields of study were at a beautiful university we passed! IHe seemed a bit contemptuous of the students there. I think before taking more tours out, he should learn more about his local history. We did learn he wants to know how he can get entry into the US OR Canada and that he would love to live in Beverly Hills! We did see a monkey farm which I would have preferred NOT To see. It was kind of ghetto looking. You would think anyplace that wants to be a tour attraction would make the area a little more inviting. The place we went to looked like a dump!
We did go on a beautiful river tour where we got to see crocodiles and the mangrove as well as the local aviary wildlife. That was a wonderful tour! Our guide on that tour was very personable and knowledgeable. We really enjoyed that!
To Renatos credit he did stop the tour long enough to walk us over a bridge where we could see crocodiles below. Before going over the bridge we stopped at a local fruit stand where we had an opportunity to enjoy some of the local produce.
All in all it was a good tour but I think Renato needs to focus a little more on showing guests the delights of Costa Rica than daydreaming about Beverly Hills.
I wish my Spanish was a little better so I could speak to the driver a little more. While waiting for the monkey brigade to return he was very informative and gave me more information about Costa Rica than Renato did. The driver would be a wonderful guide for a Spanish speaking tour. Even in y broken Spanish I learned quite a bit about the area from him.

Visited April 2014
Vienna, Austria
“Syltravel Trip in Costa Rica, Pura Vida”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We came by NCL Star and took the local guide Harold who took us to the part Pura Vida. On the way we saw the crocs, monkeys and birds. We tasted local fruit and managed to do some shopping. Overall we had a wonderful day and for 6 of us it was US$ 25 per person. Our guide was very knowledgeable about Costa Rica but also about our countries, well done. Can only recommend to take the local tour rather than book the ship excursions (expensive, crowded and slow).

Visited April 2014