“A gem”

Ranked #27 of 681 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Corner welcomes you with a smile and a comfortable atmosphere set by the great music and friendly staff. Everyone is welcome here: whether you are looking for a romantic night out with your partner, a casual drink with a friend or just a dinner with the family, there is something here to tickle everyone's taste buds! Delicious crusty pizzas, pasta, soup, salads and tasty desserts are a few of the many great options on the menu. However, if you are still not quite satisfied, why not try one of our hand-crafted tropical cocktails, to cleanse your palette after a delicious meal. Pair your food with a chilled glass of wine poured with a smile. Make yourself comfortable at one of our window tables in The corner- If you like to people watch then you are in for a treat as there is always something interesting happening on the streets of San Jose.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a lovely little restaurant with welcoming and friendly staff. The food is distinctly "home made" and simply delicious. The ambience is very relaxed and unrushed yet the staff are attentive. What a find. The only drawback was that not everything on the menu was available.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

One of the best pizzas I have ever had in Latin America. Pizza is usually pretty bad in LA and yet this place does a delicious, artisan style of pizza with solid, great quality ingredients, the ambiance, location and service are all good and the price is easy on the wallet. Outside of breakfast this is the cheapest sit-down, full-service restaurant I have eaten at in ten days in San Jose... and then you top that with the fact that it was very, very delicious and you have my kind of place. Let me throw in that they serve two free, fresh italian mini-rolls flaked with Parmesan cheese with sides of fresh crushed garlic in olive oil and red pepper infused olive oil as condiments PLUS they put a black pepper grinder mill on the table. Folks I have been in Colombian for four months have never seen one put on the table and forget asking as they never provide black pepper in Colombia. The infused oils where a huge treat on my pizza, the Supreme to be exact. I could find nothing wrong with this restaurant except get a few mosquitos under the table... but hey, this is part of being in the tropics and people in the tropics never think about preventing mosquitoes [BTW: orange or citronella oil sprayed/wiped 'under' the tables once a week totally prevents mosquitoes living under the tables waiting to bite, pass it along]... You will like this place after you have wasted time and more money eating at lesser places in San Jose.

1  Thank Paladino444
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The Corner was delicious and one of the few places I've eaten in San Jose that I'd be excited to go back to. (The other is the Casona de Laly is Escazu.) It's a small joint with tasty pizza.

We shared two small pizzas and loved the crust and the flavors. I will go back here to pizza and wine when next we go. Great combination of flavors and price. (We did have a caprese salad that was just so-so, not much flavor, but the cost of the meal was such I can easily overlook that. In CR I've paid more for meals that were entirely blah.)

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Me and a friend went here about 3 weeks ago after we arrived back in San Jose. Location was easy to get to, it's downtown right off a main street, paseo colon if I remember correctly. It's a cute little restaurant right next to a hostel, I really liked the atmosphere. On top of that, the food was excellent. We both got small personal pizzas and we split a calzone thing, I forgot what they called it on the menu. If this place was in my hometown it'd for sure be a favorite. Also, the staff was great. We needed a cab to get back to our hotel and of course forgot to write down our hotel's address since we were so hungry we left in a hurry. A couple of the employees helped look up the address and get us a cab who actually knew where it was located at. The first cabbie didn't know. Point is-they went above and beyond to help us, I can't say enough about how great they were. Definitely come here if you want a good experience all around!!

1  Thank Victoria P
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We had a great time here. staff was very friendly, we ate a pizza margharita and the taste was delicious! The Atmosphere was very nice! Higly recommand it!