“Fantastic Meal” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #105 of 589 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: Bar, Contemporary, Pub, Costa Rican
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, View
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: 8ctavo Rooftop offers a combination of premium cuisine using only fresh and local ingredients, amazing views of the Central Valley and great music nightly.
Vancouver, Canada
“Fantastic Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

One of the best meals I've had in San Jose. We are in Costa Rica quite frequently and were quite pleasantly surprised by this restaurant. Excellent service and a food lovers delight. Many amazing items on the menu that you would not expect. The Owner was always moving around talking to the diners and was quite involved with ensuring that his customers were happy.

Some of the best views in the city. Especially nice in the evening once the sun goes down and the lights of the city come on.

In the late evening, the restaurant turns into a lounge. Good DJ the night that we were there. Great vibe.

Would definitely come back again next time in San Jose.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Mark O
8voRooftopSJ493, Public Relations Manager at 8ctavo Rooftop Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Hello Mark!

Thank You so much for your amazing review! We are delighted to hear you had an amazing time at 8ctavo.

Hope to see you very soon!

“Amazing food, amazing view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

I am so happy that I got to dine and experience the wonderful and flavorful food 8ctavo has to offer. I am so lucky that I was able to taste majority of the menu, every bite was so fresh and bright. The staff and service was great. To top it off your on a rooftop with an amazing 360 view of the mountains.

3 Thank Rebecca H
8voRooftopSJ493, Public Relations Manager at 8ctavo Rooftop Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you very much Rebecca!

It was our pleasure having you here and expect to see you soon.

Have a lovely day!
San Antonio, Texas
“fabulous view to compliment the wonderful meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Wonderful layout and concept for a bar/restaurant. Staff add a relaxed feeling to go with some of the most wonderful food I have every tasted. Really challenged my taste buds. Will go again.

3 Thank Trish B
Hello Trish!

We are really happy to hear you had an amazing experience with us. That's what we are all about.

Hope to see you soon!
Vancouver, Canada
“Amazing luxury rooftop experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I went to 8ctavo for the first time to celebrate a friends birthday party. We had a larger table and service was amazing from beginning to end. The food was delicious! I was lucky enough to sample most of the menu as we ordered a variety of different dishes and shared them. I have to admit I am a ceviche snob and this ceviche was amazing!! I'm not much of a drinker but I am a bartender and the cocktail list is extensive. The owner even made an effort to come and introduce himself to our table and make sure that everything was to our liking. I have been a few times since my first experience and everything has been consistently amazing!! The hibiscus ice tea is delicious and made fresh in-house! The roof top view is one of a kind!

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank MsVizzy
Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Lucky for me I was able to enjoy a lot of things off of the menu when I dined there. And everything was incredible! I had a ceviche I couldn't stop eating and everything was fresh and flavorful. My entree of red snapper was one of my favorite meals of my vacation and definitely worth going back for next time I find myself in Costa Rica. The views of the city and surrounding areas added to the dining experience as well. So beautiful and enjoyable overall!

3 Thank aharmonee