“I used to like to go and hang out... but it seems they dont like fidelity from customers” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Q Cafe

Q Cafe
Ranked #128 of 580 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe, Pub, Fusion, South American, Costa Rican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
San Jose, Costa Rica
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

I already knew this place. But even when the food is not good the place is great and I used to like to go and work there... but apparently they did not like it.
Last week I visited it because I had to spend some time in San Jose so I went there to get some food and do some reading for work.. Even though they brought me a wrong sandwich ( I did not say anything about it to avoid being annoying ) and the food is not good, I went back twice in this week... but apparently they did not like it.

When I go to a place and work there I always order some food while I am staying in the place , so I did that in Q'Cafe, and precisely today when I recommended this place to a friend and she came to join me to have lunch together they were disrespectful.

I got there around 10 am so I ordered something to eat and to drink, so my plan was to have lunch at 1 pm because my friend would come over at 2 pm... but at 12:30 when the place was full the waiter came to me, put his hand over my shoulder ( ??!!! why?).. and asked me to move to the bar because the place was full and I was not eating at that moment (these was the 3rd time that I was there with the same waiter and I always got something to eat!), clearly I was causing troubles for them, so I decided to order lunch even when I was not ready ( and I was not hungry at that moment). My friend came and she ordered her lunch, after that I decided to go... and I wont come back.
Do the math... If I was consuming every time that I went (around $14 and at this point I went 3 times in a week)... who was more profitable for the place? someone who just goes there for lunch or someone who likes the place and go to work and goes constantly?

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Los Angeles, California
“Cheap and delicious salads shrips”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I liked salad with shrips and orange...cas natural, sandwichs, cafe latte and table in terrace view on the street of san jose,

Visited April 2014
Lake Zurich
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, but poor service...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

The atmosphere is terrific--especially if you like people watching on the street below. It's got a cool vibe. That said, the service was terrible. On a date and my food came out at least 20 minutes before my guest. No silverware brought to the table, no drinks, the list was endless...Perhaps the server had too many tables. I will give it another chance because the food was pretty good and there are not a lot of good places to eat in that part of town.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank William B
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Costa Rica
“Great atmosphere and a view of the Market Area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

We ducked in here to escape the crowds of shoppers - what a find. Very beautiful, modern, open air eating area with a view of the market. The food was a mix of tipica dishes and some american-fusion, but all done very nicely. They also served milkshakes, which were phenomenal. The staff was very friendly and bilingual, and both ticos and gringos were eating there. Or waiter even brought us an empty dish for me to throw the skins of mamón chinos into, which was a nice touch considering how crass it may have been to wolf down fruit from the market at a nice restaurant... :)

• Visited November 2013