Palma Real Hotel & Casino
Balmoral Hotel(San Jose)
US$99
US$82
Official Hotel
Barcelo San Jose(San Jose)
US$113
US$95
  • Breakfast included
US$70
US$65
  • Breakfast included
US$96
All reviewsmini barcosta ricanational stadiumbig parksabana parkroom facingminutes walkingfree transportationrooms are comfortabledouble bedhotel is locatedrestaurants within walking distancevery nice hotelnice stayfree breakfast isnice roomtaxi ride
Reviewed 14 April 2014

You don't stay in San Jose for a luxurious resort, so I didn't come expecting much. This hotel offers ok value for money when it comes to room and breakfast, I haven't stayed at other hotels in the area so I can't promote or pan it.. I liked the location, the rooms were of decent size, wifi is fast, but towels felt dirty. Breakfast buffet was ok, but what ever you do, don't eat there for dinner, service was forgetful (as was our food apparently) and the salad looked toxic, the soup undercooked if possible, and the guacamole took 100 hours for "meh" flavor, drinks were watered down.
In brief: I would sleep here again, but would avoid eating here.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank LondonCake
Shirley G, Manager at Palma Real Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Mr / MS

Thanks for the comments in Trip Advisor, is very important for the Palma Real Hotel and our staff.

I will look personally the comments with our Chef and our House Keeping to fix the details that you mention.

We will be honor to serve you again in the near future so please contact me and I will arranges all the details during your stay with us and give us the chance to serve you better.

Carlos Ruiz Ruiz

Reviewed 5 April 2014

The hotel is in a good quiet location absolutely the best the staff are the best Javier the bell boy is one of the nicest person in the world he helped me out a lot and Juan who works at the front desk is one of the best as well the girl at the front desk the whole staff are friendly My name's Officer Emmanuel and I'm coming back again soon

Room Tip: everything is good
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 625emmanuelg
Shirley G, Manager at Palma Real Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Mr / MS

We will be honor to serve you again in the near future so please contact me and I will arranges all the details during your stay with us.

Carlos Ruiz

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Recently stayed at Palma Real and found it an excellent choice. Great food, service, room, the works. Loved the location, went for a walk at the nearby park and enjoyed the restaurant as well as the Italian place next door. Very authentic food. The bedding was another aspect that exceeded expectations. Very good value for the buck.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jose B

Carlos Ruiz

Reviewed 20 March 2014

We spent one night at this hotel during a week-long stay in Costa Rica and compared to the other locations we stayed at, I can't say this really stood out as anything exceptional. The rooms were clean and we had hot water. The food - we had the breakfest buffet - was not bad but not really fresh our outstanding. The hotel is kind of tucked away, so not really near a lot to do. I'd say it's probably good for the price if you need a place to just crash for the eve/as a stopover but not a "must do" vacation hotel choice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Shirley G, Manager at Palma Real Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Ms / Mr

Greetings from the Palma Real Hotel & Casino team.

Thank you for your comments at Trip Advisor, those are really important in order improve our services and fill up our guest expectations.

Carlos Ruiz.
Palma Real Hotel & Casino

Reviewed 11 March 2014

from the bathroom sink with some man's hair clippings in it, around it, on the soap dish and on the hand towel next to the sink….to the flimsy bath towel, the moldy bath surround and scuffed up furniture…it is what it is. Just an old dirty hotel with friendly staff. Expect nothing more and you won't be disappointed.
P.S. the sewage stench that woke me up at 2am prompted me to go plug all the drains.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Shirley G, Manager at Palma Real Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Ms / Mr

With this you greetings from the Palma Real Hotel and Casino, hoping you are well.

In advance, we thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor, it is important for us so we get feedback from our guests expectations.

For now, we will take into account the details listed on our facilities and the overall cleanliness of the rooms and bathrooms.

Always the growth of a company is to check their failures to improve and refine their virtues, we are hand in hand with the search for every day to be better in service.

Likewise, we hope you give us a chance to have him and another time in our facilities to erase that bad taste, to serve you as you deserve and meet all your requests.

Carlos Ruiz Ruiz