“Excellent Italian food in SJ”
Review of L'Olivo

L'Olivo
Ranked #19 of 680 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My friend and I ate here together on a short trip to San Jose. I live in the country. The food was outstanding as well as the wine. Our service was very good. There was plenty of wait staff around and you could ask all of them for anything that you needed. I would recommend this place many times over.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We have come here often since we stay at the hotel for our medidical mission tripsand each time thoroughly enjoy the food and the wait staff are friendly and helpful. Last night special was an amazingly tender veal stew over fettucine . Other dishes we highly recommend would be the eggplant appetizer and the seafood or pasta fagole soup
Nice wine selection at reasonable prices
Do not miss this place if you are in Costa Rica

Reviewed 1 October 2013

There are few places u really want 2 go back 2 - why do I find myself
returning to this cosy little place ?
Why, because its way special,very consistent due 2 the owners total dedication. A delicious meal that
u may find in Milan or in some little village in Italy....it's a classic :) go.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

The owners are Italian, from Italy . Bruno has been serving a menu of great food, decent wines, and at affordable prices. Staff is great, ask for Maria, she's the best waitress in the house !

When in town, I make it a point to eat at L'Olivos at every opportunity

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Might have been the best lasagna I ever had. Anywhere. All menu items that we had were great and the pricing was reasonable. The place is a little hard to find, but well worth the effort if you want good Italian food.