“Hotel is stuck in the 80's.”

Morazan Hotel & Casino
Ranked #53 of 76 Hotels in San Jose
South Florida, Florida
“Hotel is stuck in the 80's.”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I've stayed in the Morazan at least 20 times. I've kind of put up with the old tv's, the remote control that doesn't work, the wet air coming out of the AC, the stains on the carpet, the burnt cigarette holes in the sheets, the tired red boring furniture, the annoying bell boy Ricky, the emotionless staff at the front desk, and last but not least the HORRIFIC internet service. But this time, i have had enough. In the 10 years i've been going to this hotel, they haven't changed a dang thing! Same TV's, same sheets, same carpet, same everything! THis hotel is stuck in the 80's. The bell boy Ricky was SUPER rude to me and my brother as we pulled up. He wouldn't let my brother park in front of the hotel to unload my bags. He said that space is for ambulance's only. In 10 years i've been going there, i have yet to see one ambulance in the city, let alone in front of this dang hotel!!! This hotel needs to upgrade big time. I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: The only good room is the penthouse on the top floor. but be ready to pay for it.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Jordan K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Korean first
Broadalbin, New York
Reviewed 20 November 2013

As its been said by others, its location is in the heart of the entertainment district so don't expect to turn in early for a good nights sleep till 3am. Rooms were dated but very clean and staff were very nice (tip, tip, tip) gets you top priority service. Doesn't matter what room location you get its a party street area whether you stay on the back side and listen to music from Key largo or the front and listen to the bars on that side as well as car horns, motorcycles and trucks down shifting there is no quite time. Breakfast was good, hot water plentiful, safe secure. Would be a nice hotel for open minded couples w/o children whom like to party as well. It has issues but won't stop me from staying again. One suggestion if you want to turn in early get loaded early and you will have a good nights sleep, or stay in a hotel out side of San Jose. I would say its a three star + hotel and a short walk to Delray. Price was right so go out and party, hit the casino, or take a tour during the day.

Room Tip: Room with two beds are larger rooms if you want space. There are no quite rooms available.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank 428Frank
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This is a nice little hotel in the heart of the "entertainment district ", it's not the Taj Mahal, so don't expect that when you go. I liked it and I would stay there again, the staff was nice, friendly and helpful, the rooms are small but comfortable, but Mr. Easy doesn't need much, there is free breakfast in the mornings and located just a couple of blocks, I believe, south on 7th street is a large promenade for shopping, and if you're homesick for Mickey D's or Burger king, they are located on the promenade along with other eateries. Note, this is a hotel more suited for single guys not families. It's not an area you want to wander around alone at night, but then where is nowadays? The hotel itself is very safe, there are safes in the rooms and there is security in the building at all times. One last thing, if you want to take a hot shower, just get up earlier than anyone else in the mornings or go to bed late at night, I easy. :-) The hotel is what it is, and for what it is, it's a great deal.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank MrEasy724
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I've stayed at the Morazan twice and I'll be there again this Halloween. I always ask for a room on the third floor or higher. Usually they are very accommodating. Rooms are usually about fifty bucks, but this includes a very filling breakfast featuring 2 eggs to order, ham or bacon, toast, hash browns, fruit juice and coffee. That's easily a ten dollar saving. Also, all the rooms are reserved for two people, so that guest you bring up in the afternoon or evening is at no cost, a saving of fifteen to twenty five dollars. The Morazan is just a block away from the Del Rey Casino/Hotel which features some of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. If you have a problem with noise from the street or from the Key Largo Club next door, tune your TV to a non-broadcasting station and turn up the volume. The "white noise" will allow you to sleep restfully. See you in October; I'll be the Victorian Vampire.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank JoeRaymond
santa rosa ca
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I book this hotel twice. The first time things where ok until it was time to leave. I received several call before the check out time trying to get me out. They said the have a reservation for the room... so did I! The second time I reserved a room they totally mess it up. I reserved a Mini-suite with my credit card, when I arrived they gave me a key to the smallest hotel room I had ever seen. I went back to the front desk where they told me there was a problem with the room I reserved... really. Long to short they let me out of the reservation and I move to another hotel; not fun!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these San Jose hotels

mississauga
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Had reservation for 3 nights, upon entering room we were overcome by the moldy smell . Room was clean but needs a serious renovation. Ricardo the front desk clerk was pushy and kept trying to sell us tours we said no, and when we tried to change the date for one on of our nights at the hotel he told us they had no room on that date. When he left we asked another employee and she confirmed they did have room, so Ricardo lied to us because we didnt take his tour and he didnt get his commision.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank eric j
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 29 January 2013

I've stayed in the Morazan around 20 times in all my travels through CR. I only like it because of the location, and that's about it. It's right slap in the middle of all the action. There are 5 casinos within minutes of each other from this spot. Right behind the hotel is a miniature dance spot called Key Largo (all working girls though) but it's nice just to go in and watch the action. Ricky Ricardo the door man is as about annoying as one can be. If you don't tip him, he will treat you differently through out your stay. Angie used to work the front desk, but not anymore, i sure miss her. Jose the Cuban guy is great, i think he went to the Europa. There is another Cuban girl that works nights that is an amazing woman too. They have a beautiful new girl working the front her name is Viviana, and they don't get much better looking than her.
The second floor is as noisy as all get out...the cars outside are a pain in the butt to listen to starting at about 5am. Also there is a disco/restaruant on the second floor that gets really loud on Friday and Saturday nights. However, what are you doing in your room on Friday and Sat nights??? So that shouldn't be a problem.
The drinks in that bar are expensive, the room service is expensive, but the tall goofy skinny dude that works in the bar at night is a great guy, i've known him for years.
For the most part the ladies that clean the rooms are very nice, including Grace the head house maid.
Cons (all in order)
RIcky Ricardo
Jose the manager
No WIFI
No Flat Screens
No Irons
Small Safes
Old furniture
Overpriced drinks and food in the restaurant
Price of rooms
No Fridge/Microwaves

PRO's
Angie/Vivian/Jose/Grace the head maid/Cuban chic that works nights
Location, Location, Location
Guest Friendly
did i mention Location??

Last bit of information. Don't use the pharmacy across the street, they are way overpriced. Just walk around, you'll find one that is much cheaper. The eye doctor across the street is a rip off also, i bought a pair of frames from him and when i got home they broke.

Last but not least, DO NOT wander around at night by yourself,
Hope this helps

Room Tip: If you want to sleep-in, in the morning, do not chose the second floors. The windows on the second...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo