“"Run down" ”

Morazan Hotel & Casino
Ranked #57 of 78 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at Hotel Morazan in mid February. Upon arriving at the hotel, I noticed how rundown The hotel was. "I didn't let that bother me",until I see the inside of the hotel. I arrived with a friend Who recommended the hotel because of the great prices and they do not charge for bringing visitors in. "Which is a big plus in my book". Reservations were made months in advance, but as soon as we checked in at the front desk. They said the rooms wasn't available. I read previous trip advisor warnings but I didn't follow it , about them saying The rooms are not available. "That will strike one" ! Ricky Ricardo The guy in charge offered me a smaller room than what I ask for, so I had no choice but to take it.
As I entered the room ,the room wasn't that bad except for a look little old. Old box TV, an outdated decor. I could at least say it was very clean. My second day there I noticed a lot of open empty rooms and when I asked about the rooms being available for a change they would say that they're booked already. The hotel the week I was there was not full. And I think they're selective when it comes to visitors. Especially gringos ! they lied about a room that I wanted that I seen the whole week empty. "this was strike two" ! My third day there I noticed more empty rooms and no visitors. And when I ask is not available. I honestly been keeping track of at least five rooms in the hotel that had no visitors the whole time all of their. Even though Ricky Ricardo made my stay there okay and was constantly asking me if everything is okay, I still felt pissed because you and the Front desk lied about the rooms. " this was strike 3"!
Even though the prices are good and they don't charge for outside visitors to your room, I would not stay here ever again. "Front desk is very unprofessional" ,"they're not honest" & The lack of customer service. When I'm in town I will bring my talents to Del Rey across to street.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank Mrnewyork143

Reviewed 17 February 2014

This is the bare essential hotel for the location. Cheap, close to everything. Nothing to write home about. Noisy and dirty. I don't think anyone will confuse this place with the ritz carlton any time soon.

2  Thank Jeff P
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I've stayed here many times beginning when it was the Hotel Amstel and had a really good restaurant. The casino has replaced the restaurant. The new bar / restaurant on the second floor is ok for coffee and breakfast. When the music is blasting Friday and Saturday night rooms on the second floor will be noisy. They seem to have some plumbing issues. I have had to change rooms twice because of a broken pipe (once in my room and once in an adjoining room). I would not let them book a tour for me again but I have not had a problem with the staff. I have witnessed a couple of guests verbally abusing the staff. The wireless bandwidth is not adequate when the hotel is full but there are coffee shops and bars nearby with free wireless.

Room Tip: The interior rooms are less noisy than the outside rooms.
2  Thank Kenneth H
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I was very dissappointed when after a 6 hour bus ride from El Coco I took a taxi to the Morazan that my friend booked for 2 day stay... I get to hotel at 7:00 PM they tell me that the hotel booked us both a different hotels.. that was the coldest day for me.. I always stay at Morazan .. but , this time they needed the rooms for short time for the hookers downtown.. U see there was a soccer match that night & the hotel was booked... So lets screw the Gringos.. & place them some where else.. Sad .Find a Different Hotel...

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Unomas14
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I've stayed in the Morazan at least 20 times. I've kind of put up with the old tv's, the remote control that doesn't work, the wet air coming out of the AC, the stains on the carpet, the burnt cigarette holes in the sheets, the tired red boring furniture, the annoying bell boy Ricky, the emotionless staff at the front desk, and last but not least the HORRIFIC internet service. But this time, i have had enough. In the 10 years i've been going to this hotel, they haven't changed a dang thing! Same TV's, same sheets, same carpet, same everything! THis hotel is stuck in the 80's. The bell boy Ricky was SUPER rude to me and my brother as we pulled up. He wouldn't let my brother park in front of the hotel to unload my bags. He said that space is for ambulance's only. In 10 years i've been going there, i have yet to see one ambulance in the city, let alone in front of this dang hotel!!! This hotel needs to upgrade big time. I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: The only good room is the penthouse on the top floor. but be ready to pay for it.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Jordan K
Reviewed 20 November 2013

As its been said by others, its location is in the heart of the entertainment district so don't expect to turn in early for a good nights sleep till 3am. Rooms were dated but very clean and staff were very nice (tip, tip, tip) gets you top priority service. Doesn't matter what room location you get its a party street area whether you stay on the back side and listen to music from Key largo or the front and listen to the bars on that side as well as car horns, motorcycles and trucks down shifting there is no quite time. Breakfast was good, hot water plentiful, safe secure. Would be a nice hotel for open minded couples w/o children whom like to party as well. It has issues but won't stop me from staying again. One suggestion if you want to turn in early get loaded early and you will have a good nights sleep, or stay in a hotel out side of San Jose. I would say its a three star + hotel and a short walk to Delray. Price was right so go out and party, hit the casino, or take a tour during the day.

Room Tip: Room with two beds are larger rooms if you want space. There are no quite rooms available.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank 428Frank
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This is a nice little hotel in the heart of the "entertainment district ", it's not the Taj Mahal, so don't expect that when you go. I liked it and I would stay there again, the staff was nice, friendly and helpful, the rooms are small but comfortable, but Mr. Easy doesn't need much, there is free breakfast in the mornings and located just a couple of blocks, I believe, south on 7th street is a large promenade for shopping, and if you're homesick for Mickey D's or Burger king, they are located on the promenade along with other eateries. Note, this is a hotel more suited for single guys not families. It's not an area you want to wander around alone at night, but then where is nowadays? The hotel itself is very safe, there are safes in the rooms and there is security in the building at all times. One last thing, if you want to take a hot shower, just get up earlier than anyone else in the mornings or go to bed late at night, I easy. :-) The hotel is what it is, and for what it is, it's a great deal.

3  Thank MrEasy724