“a cozy and friendly place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Rafael de Escazu
Rainforest Dreams Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed 17 January 2013

We stay here with our dogs several times every year as we enter and leave the country. It's like coming home for a night or two and so nice to be welcomed by Carol and Paul; and have a clean room and a tasty breakfast. The location is excellent and for shopping, restaurants, banks, medical offices and other necessities and interests of an urban area.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 September 2012

First off, needs and wants are two different things. We needed a place with a private bathroom, a bed, close enough to our Doula's office. We just moved here from the States to Monteverde, and we're expecting our first child at the beginning of January. Carol and Paul were incredibly thoughtful and assisted us with information, and advice, and breakfast - and always with a genuine smile. We have to head down the mountain in October, November and then again in late December. The B&B is calm, clean and in an ideal location for food, shopping, walking, being. Hot water, morning breakfast, television, living room, books, outdoor patio/garden. Allows dogs, with beautiful cabana type lodging separate from the main house. Definitely recommend this place for weekend trips, or to get your barrings before heading out of the city.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I Love staying here, Carol is very easy going, the rooms are very clean, and for those chemical sensitive like me, environmentally friendly detergent is used on the crisp white cotton sheets. the lovely hostess attracts lovely guests and every time i've stayed, there have been interesting people to talk to. The house sits near a river atop a beautiful gulch, allowing breezes to flow easily through the light filled rooms. From a deck looking over the gulch i saw lots of beautiful birds and some local wild life. i have stayed several places in Escazu and Rainforest Dreams is by far the best!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Clean and affordable, but no frills. If you're relatively independent and want to stay in pricey Escazu, this may fill the bill.

The up side: a small patio area (that could use to cleaned off once in a while), use of the kitchen, a great library, very close to a small supermarket, banks and various restaurants, and 4 lovely resident pets (outdoor) - 3 dogs and a cat. And I enjoyed meeting Carol, the hostess.

Downside: Not a very quiet location - front or back, poor indoor sound proofing (I could hear the woman in the next room snore), and by 8 am, the coffee was likely at least 2 hours old (as was the fruit put out) so I bought my morning coffee down the street. For me it was bed w/out breakfast, but still a decent deal. Only one room has a private bathroom, and light curtains make for very early mornings here for those of us non-early risers!

Rooms are clean but basic. Good value for Escazu.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We were in San Jose to pick up our new dog. They allowed him in our room with his kennel. We had many boxes of supplies to bring back to the Osa Penninsula where we live. THey let us store them in their garage. We had to get up very early for an early travel departure, and Carol got up early to fix us coffee and fruit prior to our exit. We thank them for all this and would stay there again. It was very quiet and comfortable. (they also let us store some food in a refrig)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Positives:
1. The hostess is kind and caring. I traveled for dental surgery and even though I was by myself, Carol gave me the largest room which is the only room with a bathroom. She wanted me to be comfortable after my surgery.
2. Carol is honest. I booked and paid for 7 nights. After recuperating from surgery, I decided to travel to another area of Costa Rica and stay overnight in this area one night. Carol refunded a one night stay. I did not expect this because she held the room for me and didn't re-rent it to anyone else.
3. Breakfast - Wonderful breakfast included in the price of the room with lots of fresh fruit, breads, gallo pinto (rice & beans) and eggs to order.
4. Use of kitchen - Guests are allowed to use the refrigerator and cook lunch and dinner.
5. Use of internet
6. Lots of books.
7. Safe and gated community.
8. Very comfortable beds.

Warning: Bring earplugs!! Fortunately I did and slept well. If you look at a map, you will see that this B&B (as well as many other B&B's/hotels in Escazu) is close to a major highway. There is traffic noise at all hours which could be disturbing to light sleepers.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 June 2011

The staff is accomodating and knowledgeable! A convenient location, yet picturesque in culturally unique Escazu. The Bed was very comfortable!

Breakfast- I enjoyed the delicious coffee from local. shade tree Fair Trade organic growers ready for early risers! Breakfast with a variety of fruits included eggs "made to order".

Fantastic library! and spacious, commodious living room!

Room Tip: Let staff know what your room preferences are.