Holiday Inn San Jose-Escazu
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Escazu(San Rafael de Escazu)
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
Very Good 4/5
Apartotel & Suites Villas del Rio(San Rafael de Escazu)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsgreat hotelcima hospitalmultiplaza mallwalking distancesan josecosta ricaunderground parkingbusiness triptop floorshuttle servicerooms are largecomfortable hotelchecking outroom servicebiggest mallbusiness hotelcomfortable beds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2013

The rooms were exquisite, relaxing, roomy, chic and we had a view of the fireworks at the new futbol stadium for the opening of the Pan American games. The beds were very comfortable and plush. This has to be the nicest Holiday Inn ever!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
LudwingDiaz, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn San Jose-Escazu, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments. We are honred to have exceeded your expectations and we thank you for sharing your experience, as it is our daily mission. On behalf of the whole team, we thank you for staying with us and welcome you for a future stay.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

I continue to be disappointed by the staff at this hotel. Upon check in, the staff (she) made it clear they could care less about the fact I was there or would ever be there again (exception of Eduardo). With the most fake smile I have seen in awhile. Why don't you want to help the people standing across the counter? They pay your wages. Baffles the mind. The rooms are nice. Odd a/c that would cut off if you didn't move in bed...? Bar staff was nice when you could find them. Didn't do breakfast as it was extremely expensive and didn't look that great. I hope their location serves them well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the back of the hotel. I heard a lot of noise during this stay I think because we were closer to the highway.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Jose-Escazu, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Dear Trav1964,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I am sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 9 June 2013

Kind helpful staff. They are a bit apart from the main business buildings on the area, but they compensate with complementary transportation. My only suggestion is more lighting on the rooms.they are waling distance to Plaza Istcazu this gives you access to great restaurants in walking distance for dinner. Its also near to a great hospital in case you travel with medical attention needs.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your comments. As a team we are happy to know you highly value the experience received in our hotel. We appreciate your recomendations and we thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

BED: firm, great linens, 4 pillows, clean and comfy. Bath: new, clean, all working well and the soap was soft feeling, not leaving skin dry.
Wifi worked perfectly; I think it was free for me, P Club member.
H I: this is a new building so I expected the best and it delivered. New decor and bed styles in the room. decent sized lobby and restaurant. Staff was prof and friendly. Better location on this side of road as I can walk to Multiplaza 10-15 min down road. Pricesmart and Office Depot were outside of my window so not a great view every day. My corner room also gave me another window to highway side. Oh well, great lighting though. My overall rating is that it delivered what one expects of a new Hol Inn, it is not the Intercontinental. As it is 12-18 months old, I enjoyed it.

Location: there is a great plaza/ office complex adjoining the hotel so about 7 restaurants, tea/ coffee shops are just steps away. A spa also and deli. Recommend the burgers from Hamburguesia; a neat gourmet, select-it-yourself menu.
All prices are rising in CR but this is competitive with Courtyard and other similar hotels.
For business, this worked perfectly and easy enough to get in /out from highway for my hosts.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
LudwingDiaz, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn San Jose-Escazu, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. Our mission is to provide a comfortable and pleasant stay, so we appreciatte you took the time to express how we did deliver it.

We hope to have the honor to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

First this is a very nice new hotel so all of the facilities are in excellent condition. The staff is friendly, very accommodating and the front desk personal speak English. This hotel is superior to most of the Holiday Inns back in the states. I selected this hotel because it is only about 3-4 miles from the Pavas airport and I had to catch an early morning flight on Nature Air to Bocas del Toro Panama. The hotel is situated in a shopping restaurant complex so there are several choices to dine or shop meaning you are not stuck being at the hotel without car transportation.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
LudwingDiaz, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn San Jose-Escazu, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your comments and we are glad to know you enjoyed the hotel facilities and convenient location, taking advantage of the near by restaurants and shops with an easy access to and from the airport. Also we appreciate your feedback about the staff.