“Wonderful”
Review of Casa Laurin B&B

Casa Laurin B&B
Reviewed 12 May 2011

Spent 5/9-5/12 in San Jose. This is a lovely B & B set in a good neighborhood. The rooms are modern and our hostess Ginette was great. Will be back.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 May 2011

Ginette, the owner, made us feel very comfortable and welcomed. She was helpfull with finding good restaurants, interesting activities to do, helping with spanish phonecalls etc. We talked with other visitors around the breakfast table. All in all we highly recommend this bead and breakfast. Well located and close to all services.

Room Tip: All rooms are different and nice.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2011

I stayed at Casa Laurin for two weeks while I was visiting my mom at a local hospital during the days. Ginette arranged for everything I needed - simply everything. She showed me where to shop, where to eat, how to use the bus system and taxis, etc. I left my debit card in a local ATM, and she went all the way into downtown San Jose with me to retrieve it at the central bank. It was such a pleasure to come back to Casa Laurin every evening to find new-found friends working at a jigsaw puzzle, enjoying a glass of wine and good conversation. I would never stay anywhere else in San Jose.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 30 April 2011

Costa Rica was our second stop on a tour through Central America and Ginette, our hostess, offerd us a great welcome to the area. We pre-booked a taxi collection from the airport which was waiting for us and took us quickly to Casa Laurin. The guest house is in a quiet area on the outskirts of San Jose. The room was fine with A/C and a fan to cool things down. There's free internet to keep in touch with friends and family. Ginette was very friendly and offered us advice on where to visit and eat/drink within the local area. On our first day, she recommended a lovely hillside bar/restaurant overlooking the city where we spent a fantastic sunny afternoon watching the world go by! She booked excursions for us and was up with us early in the morning to supply a filling breakfast. She even took the bus with us to start our exploration of San Jose! Costa Rica is a fine place for visiting rainforests, volcanos, coffee plantations and general great scenery. We had a lovely stay at Casa Laurin which left us with a very positive impression of Costa Rica.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2011

Casa Laurin the BEST B &B in Costa Rica. Ginnette, the owner and hostess wented beyond all our expectations in accommodating every aspect of our trip, from day excursions to having a personnel masseuse come over . Comfortable, beautiful gardens, fantastic breakfasts and of course great company form all the guests. Can"t wait to go back and be part of the Casa Laurin family. Thanks Ginnette!!!.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2011

Ginette of Casa Laurin made our 2 week dental vacation to Costa Rica an easy, thoroughly enjoyable experience. From the many tips about the culture, places for excellent food, taxi arrangements and special excursions she willingly planned for us, this B & B' owner has gone well above just providing a lovely clean facility for our stay.

We have promised to be back in Costa Rica next year......and will definitely make Casa Laurin our B & B. Base....

Room Tip: We enjoyed the rooms with the private bath
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2011

To begin with, you could not find a better, more accommodating host if you looked high and low; Ginette is an absolute delight, and she and her small staff make sure that you have whatever you need at Casa Laurin. I was in Escazu for the purpose of spending almost two weeks at a nearby yoga center/spiritual institute and Casa Laurin was a 12 minute walk from the center--so the location was perfect for me. Ginette was so kind and made wonderful breakfast meals for me even though I typically departed earlier than breakfast is usually available. She helped me to find a day tour for my very specific objectives for the one day that I was not at the center. I witnessed her helping nearly all of her guests with very different and specific needs with incredible grace and efficiency. The atmosphere at Casa Laurin was warm and friendly, and finding other guests socializing together on the nice outdoor porch area was the norm when I would return in the evenings. The guest-house was always sparkling clean even though guests are permitted to use the kitchen! I felt more than at home, I felt very cared for. I couldn't more highly recommend Ginette and Casa Laurin!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Apartotel La Sabana
#3 of 78 in San Jose
Hilton Garden Inn San Jose la Sabana
Sheraton San Jose Hotel

Been to Casa Laurin B&B? Share your experiences!