“Another great trip to SJO and Casa Laurin”
Review of Casa Laurin B&B

Casa Laurin B&B
Reviewed 26 June 2014

If you are going to be traveling to SJO then a stay here is a must! This location is close to the highway and shopping and not a bad drrive (about 20 minutes) to the airport. So much nicer than the chain at the airport. Breakfast is made to order and you pick what you want to have. The beds are very comfortable (which is a plus for any Latin American hotel). We stayed three different nights this trip because had to come in for the dentist and it is always perfect!

Room Tip: Any room is comfy. We have stayed in every room now on the second floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
CASA_LAURIN, Owner at Casa Laurin B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post another wonderful review. Our goal is to give the best service to our guests and having them come back is a treat.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Always greeted with a warm welcoming smile from Ginette. We were shown to our suite over looking the city, what an incredible view. The entire B&B was comfortable, from the common areas to the pool and the kitchen! There is storage for all your items after a shopping trip, even a refrigerator upstairs in the common area. Ginette's has a fully stocked bar set up on an honesty system. Her hotel book was extremely helpful and answered all our questions, no annoying run back to the check in to ask for the WIFI password, she has it all in print right at your fingertips! We have made Casa Laurin our overnight place when flying in and out of San Jose, all the comforts of home! Ginette has a wealth of knowledge about San Jose, important things, like where to shop and eat. :) She has an honest, trustworthy taxi driver who will get you to your location right on time. Her breakfasts are made to order, not the usual continental breakfast of pastry and coffee. She serves fresh eggs, French toast and whatever you desire. Clean, clean, clean!

Room Tip: Spa services provided upon request from massage, esthetics to permanent make up!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
CASA_LAURIN, Owner at Casa Laurin B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for your review. Much appreciated

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I didn't pick Casa Laurin -- the friend I was traveling with did. But she couldn't have made a better choice. Ginette sets new standards for "taking care" of guests. From arranging pickup at the airport to coordinating tours, food orders, and even accompanying me to the ER when I had a medical issue -- I felt in good and competent hands at all times. Not even to mention her delicious made-to-order breakfasts and heavenly smoothies! Casa Laurin is the perfect address for someone who's never been to Costa Rica and is not familiar with the country or its customs. Ginette immediately creates a welcoming, safe and hospitable feeling among her guests and is an all-purpose resource when it comes to shopping, sightseeing, dining or whatever your needs may be. The property is kept in immaculate order; the rooms are comfortable and stylishly furnished and the use of the kitchen and refrigerators is a definite plus. I recommend Casa Laurin without hesitation to any traveler, whether you are traveling for business or pleasure. You are in good hands with Ginette. Caveat: Must like dogs!

Room Tip: Check out Casa Laurin's website.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CASA_LAURIN, Owner at Casa Laurin B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for your kind comments Ruth! It was a pleasure to have you here and enjoy your company. I trust that you are well and enjoying life at home.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We chose Casa Laurin on the advice of a friend who had stayed there several years ago. Wow! so glad we did! Secure, peaceful, tastefully appointed comfort, each room lovelier than the last. Conveniently located in upscale Escazu, close to businesses and restaurants. That being said, the very best feature of Casa Laurin is the proprietress Ginette. She assists accomodatingly with logistics, taxis, phone calls, and acts as advocate, advisor and expeditor. After 7 days with Ginette, we left feeling we had made a new lifelong friend. P. S. She makes the best scrambled eggs ever!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for reviewing us. Actually maybe we should review you... So far we never had a sushi chef like you at our service. Guests who were here and enjoyed your food are still talking about it. We all want to know when you will be back!!! I trust that you two are well and looking forward to your next visit. This time I may have Sake on hand...Be well!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

My fiancée and I were in San Jose, Costa Rica for medical tourism and the clinic recommended Casa Laurin B&B. We had been in San Jose earlier in 2013 and our accommodations at a different hotel were less than desirable. Casa Laurin on the other hand was a pleasure. The beds were extremely comfortable (which is hard to find in CR) The entire property was spotless and inviting. It is centrally located near Rt. 27 the main highway that leads you to destinations throughout CR. There are fine restaurants and state of the art medical facilities minutes away. Ginette is a wonderful host as well as the perfect resource in setting up excursions, rental transportation or whatever else one might need. My fiancée and I had a less than normal and rather challenging itinerary. Ginette went above and beyond to help us arrange everything and even went as far as loaning us a cell phone just in case we got lost during our night travels. Last but not least we woke up every morning to delicious breakfast. If in San Jose look up the Casa Laurin B&B. BTW we forgot a travel accessory in our bedroom and Ginette went to the trouble of packing it and shipping it and we've just received it back home. Need I say more!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words. It is always a pleasure to assist our guests to plan their trip and I am glad that we made your medical vacation even more enjoyable. Our philosophy is to provide a worry-free vacation to all our guests, especially when there is medical issues involved. We like to make an extra effort to optimize the 'vacation time'.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

This is the best way to start and finish a trip in Costa Rica ! Mrs. Laurin is a very nice person with his 5 star B&B ! Very welcoming, quit, clean, nice and good breakfast ! Mr. Eduardo the taxi driver is excellent and safe from and back to the airport. I would highly recommend this B&B in San Jose. Thanks Ginette for everything and very nice meeting you. Betty & Steeve from Quebec

Room Tip: The deluxe room is very nice with large private bathroom…..
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you Betty and Steeve for allowing us 5 stars. Well, I guess that you were two of them as we truly enjoyed your company. I am glad that we could participate in making your trip memorable. Hasta la proxima!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Arrived at the B&B after a 4 hour drive only to discover I left my baggage in Uvita Costa Rica, Ginette (operator and owner) took care of arranging its delivery the next day, phone ran out of minutes, Ginette immediately restored my phone with minutes, and guess where my 2 very important medications were, suitcase! She called her local pharmacia, 15 minutes later it was delivered to our door. Get the picture! Ginette made an awesome breakfast, and her hospitality exceeds above and beyond. She can tell you where everything is and the B&B is 8-10 minutes from the airport, her B&B is in a quaint secure area, it is 5 star clean, she has indoor and outdoor sitting areas, tables, reading room etc. the pool was wonderful, and her beverage bar was the honor system. Although I did not use him Ginette has her own taxi driver for guests conveinance. Ginette is fluent in three different languages. Ginette reminded me of my mother. I typically read more reviews than write however this was a no brainer. I would have no problem with Ginette giving out my email address to write directly to me and believe me she will remember who I am....lol Ohh I almost forgot she arranged for her frequently used massage therapist to give me a massage at the B&B not that I had any stress....now thats funny!

Room Tip: Just ask Ginette, whe will set you up with the BEST room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank living9211
CASA_LAURIN, Propietario at Casa Laurin B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

After this kind of review, I don't know what else can be said to make us shine...We were glad to help and that everything turned out for the best!

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Rafael de Escazu
Casa de las Tias
Casa de las Tias
#2 of 3 in San Rafael de Escazu
Apartotel & Suites Villas del Rio
Apartotel & Suites Villas del Ri...
#2 of 2 in San Rafael de Escazu
Hotel Dream House Escazu
Hotel Dream House Escazu
#1 of 2 in San Rafael de Escazu

Been to Casa Laurin B&B? Share your experiences!