“Excellent Food and Excellent Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of El Mediterraneo - CLOSED

El Mediterraneo
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, Turkish, Greek, Romanian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We're located directly in front of the entrance to Scotiabank at El Cruce, Escazu. We have up to 20 more parking spaces available at the El Cruce Shopping Center, which is on the right about 30 meters south of the Delta gas station. The guard will direct you through to our restaurant, so you don't have to walk out on the main street.
San Rafael de Escazu, Costa Rica
“Excellent Food and Excellent Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

We finally stopped in to eat at this restaurant. Great location with 4 parking places in front and lots more in the back. We were greeted promptly. We started with the labnah which was wonderful! I had a Greek salad, and while simple the flavors were incredible! Really well done. My husband had the gourmet gyro which was HUGE and really tasty! I kept looking at the other diners food and it all looked amazing. We will definitely be back to try everything else. This place is totally on our list of favorite places in the area! The owner(?) was so friendly and helpful and provided amazing service. Can't wait to go back!

• Visited November 2013

Shoreview, Minnesota, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Little Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Wonderful authentic Greek & Turkish food in a cozy atmosphere. Very nice staff that was proud of their restaurant. And they should be proud of it!

• Visited October 2013
San Jose
“No need for a menu - just let your sense of smell be your guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

I was meeting a friend for lunch here - we had been hearing the buzz for a couple of months about the wonderful food here. I could hardly wait for my friend to arrive - the smells were amazing. You will be tempted to just tell them to bring you whatever they are preparing. We sampled quite a few items and they were all excellent. The Chefs Appetizer - Pita, egg, herbs, cabbage, tzatziki and tomatoes - what a great concept. Everything we had was excellent. The labneh is made with yogurt de cabra - the taste is incredible. The hummus is the perfect consistency. Stuffed grape leaves with tzatziki - Turkish coffee with cardamon. Daniel the owner was so gracious and accommodating. Value and pricing is very fair for Costa Rica. I can't wait to return.

Cartago, Costa Rica
“The best service and amazing food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

Hello people,... I really recommend this restaurant, the service and the food are excellent... The owners are very kind and nice.... This is a good option of Mediterranean food and the prices are very good ! I have been in several restaurants in Escazu and I adore it...

Espanol
Hola gente permítamen recomendarles este resturante, es una excelente opción de comida mediterránea, el servicio es excelente ya que cuentan con pocas mesas, los precios son bastante razonables y me encanta la atención y los sabores allí ! Vayan

Escazu, Costa Rica
“Great Greek/Mediterranean restaurant in Escazu!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

The food is great -- grilled steak, lamb, shawarma/gyro, hummus, labneh, stuffed grape leaves, Romanian fries and lots of other interesting dishes. The outdoor terrace is really nice on a hot day. It's set back enough from the road to make it a relaxing place to hang out with family or friends.

It's right across from the main entrance to Scotiabank at El Cruce.

I'll be back!