“Very impressed!”

El Mediterraneo
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean, Turkish, Romanian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We're located directly in front of the entrance to Scotiabank at El Cruce, Escazu. We have up to 20 more parking spaces available at the El Cruce Shopping Center, which is on the right about 30 meters south of the Delta gas station. The guard will direct you through to our restaurant, so you don't have to walk out on the main street.
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My boyfriend and I love to go out and explore different cuisines on our date nights, and this time we came to try El Mediterráneo. We had read great reviews about the restaurant, so we gave it a try. We the Greek wine (first time we tried it) and were delighted, then came the entree and WOW. We were blown away by how fresh and well-made the food tasted, especially the labne! We ordered seafood pasta as the main dish. As a person who rarely orders seafood pasta dishes because of bad experiences in the past (very salty, seafood not fresh), I was skeptical at first. However, I was blown away by how delicious it was. For dessert, we had knefe. It was a generous portion of knefe and not too sweet.
The owners and the waiter are very knowledgeable about the food on the menu and are very helpful when one is not sure what to order. Oh, and the price is AWESOME! I don't think there is another place in San José that serves this type of food of this quality at this price. I will definitely come back to this place when I am in the Escazú area, as I intend to indulge on the rest of the plates in the menu.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

When travelling the US and Central America, we make an effort to try all the reviewed Greek/Turkish/Persian restaurants in town as it is our favorite type of food.

We happened upon El Mediterraneo via recommendation by Ringle Resort staff (fantastic place also).

Can opine - without hesitation, this is one of the true gems of the Mediterrean cuisine. Managed by a Turk who partners with a Greek chef, the food was just nothing short of outstanding. Traditional Greek salad followed by Chicken Shwarma and Chicken/Cous Cous plate with Sangria was all excellent.

We've tried a lot of restaurants in this niche - this one tops the grid. Congrats to a job well done on all aspects - food, presentation, value, service and just nice people.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We were staying at the Villas del Rio Aparthotel and getting dental work done at
DDS dental. This restaurant is about 13 minutes walk. The food was outstanding and the owner was there and helped us chose our meal. Very good food. We will go back.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

enjoyed very much, food is excellent, very good choice of vegetarian dishes, can try mixed plate,
which is included of 4 different dishes, will enjoy.........

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I visited this restaurant for his last dinner in San Jose before leaving for the States. It was definitely deserving as a place for a nice little celebration. We had pretty good Romanian eggplant as appetizer, though it was not the best. But the entrees of Balkan beef and a lamb plate were both delightful. The waiter recommended a lime pie for dessert and we loved it!

1  Thank Shengxiao