“Amazing place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of El Mediterraneo - CLOSED

El Mediterraneo
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, Turkish, Greek, Romanian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We're located directly in front of the entrance to Scotiabank at El Cruce, Escazu. We have up to 20 more parking spaces available at the El Cruce Shopping Center, which is on the right about 30 meters south of the Delta gas station. The guard will direct you through to our restaurant, so you don't have to walk out on the main street.
“Amazing place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

By far the best Mediterranean cuisine in Central America. Highly recommended no matter if you are just a tourist or living in Costa Rica. Great ambiance, delicious food and extremely friendly staff. The restaurant's owner is always on site making sure the service and the food are first class.

• Visited August 2014

Appleton, Wisconsin
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Excellent all around! Different flavors and ingredients, professional preparation and service, great value.

• Visited August 2014
“What a gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

This small, cozy restaurant serves wonderful food and the staff couldn't be more professional. Although small the tables are well spaced, not cramped.
Excellent food, excellent service. I can't wait to return. Liz Smith, Bermuda

1 Thank lizone2014
“AWESOME Find!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I visited this restaurant on my first business trip to Costa Rica. After reading the reviews, I was sure it would be a good choice. We were not disappointed at all - the food was one of the best meals I've had!! The service and attention to detail of the wait staff was superb. The owner was very kind and made sure that we were happy at all times during our meal. I will definitely visit this place next time I'm in Costa Rica!!

“Very impressed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

My boyfriend and I love to go out and explore different cuisines on our date nights, and this time we came to try El Mediterráneo. We had read great reviews about the restaurant, so we gave it a try. We the Greek wine (first time we tried it) and were delighted, then came the entree and WOW. We were blown away by how fresh and well-made the food tasted, especially the labne! We ordered seafood pasta as the main dish. As a person who rarely orders seafood pasta dishes because of bad experiences in the past (very salty, seafood not fresh), I was skeptical at first. However, I was blown away by how delicious it was. For dessert, we had knefe. It was a generous portion of knefe and not too sweet.
The owners and the waiter are very knowledgeable about the food on the menu and are very helpful when one is not sure what to order. Oh, and the price is AWESOME! I don't think there is another place in San José that serves this type of food of this quality at this price. I will definitely come back to this place when I am in the Escazú area, as I intend to indulge on the rest of the plates in the menu.