“Excellence”

Hampton Inn Winfield
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Winfield
Reviewed 11 May 2013

The Hampton Inn of Winfield, Alabama, is exceptional. It is new, very clean and bright, with excellent staff. My wife and I enjoyed our overnight stay and will definitely stay there again the next time we are in that area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Winfield

Reviewed 30 April 2013

Stayed here two nights recently and overall was impressed with this hotel. There's not much near here in the way of things to do and places to eat. My group was here for a track meet so we stuck to Pizza Hut and Subway mostly. There's Yampertown Steak House and I hear the front desk has a good suggestion for a great burger joint nearby in town. The lobby and rooms were well appointed and attractively decorated. Everything was clean. My only issue was actually with the staff. They were mostly pleasant, but when we requested more feather pillows we were disappointed with the response... the front desk called my wife back and told her "they say you already have two feather pillows in your room... so do you still need more?". While I understand that worse things could have happened, it was not a great example of outstanding customer service (nor was the almost 10 minute wait downstairs to update a key-card). As a frequent traveler I may be a little jaded, but I still believe that it is always the people that make the difference. A little additional training should do the trick (assuming the owners/managers of this hotel want to reach for the highest standards).

Room Tip: Ask for the side away from the interstate and elevator for the quietest spot. It is far enough off t...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Hotel was very clean and the rooms were very spacious! The breakfast was okay - a little more than cont'l breakfast. I am a very picky traveler - being that I am employee of the Hospitality world! I agree with the other travelers - the hotel is in a very limited area, however there are two gas stations down the road, and the nearest area for restaurants, stores is about a 15-20 minute drive.

One of the front desk clerks recommended a local restaurant for us to pick up dinner during our stay and I have to say that it was one of the best homemade burgers I have ever tasted!!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone! I scored the service as a average, when I called the hotel to make our reservations, the clerk informed me that she couldn't give us a military rate, and she wasn't too pleasant, however when I called the 1-800 Hampton number, they gave us the military rate and thanked us for our service!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We travel all over the US for work and this hotel is absolutely the cleanest and most updated hotel we have stayed in across the country. The staff is kind and friendly and anxious to help.

So impressed!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank KimberlyJ2911
Reviewed 5 April 2013 via mobile

Hotel was very clean and the staff was great. Easy access to interstate. Location on interstate left something to be desired. No food locations unless you wanted to eat at a truck stop. Gas stations were not to be desired. Closest town was Winfield and no casual dining there. Hotel was a little pricey for their location. Breakfast items were gone before alloyed time. Excellent place to crash.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 1 April 2013

My husband and I had a very good stay here. Because we were so tired from our long drive, the desk clerk gave us a menu from a restaurant that delivered. We had a good meal in the comfort of our very clean room. The free Wi-Fi and good breakfast were equally appreciated.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2013 via mobile

We stopped here by chance after not seeing a sign for the hotel we had wanted to stay at in Jasper Alabama. My husband & I were exhausted after driving several hundred miles in our move across country. The hotel staff was so friendly & helpful. We were given an awesome discount for my husband being a veteran. The woman at the frOnt desk gave us menus to 2 restaurants that delivered when we mentioned how tired we were. She thought we might not want to drive anywhere. The room was super clean, nicely furnished & extremely comfortable. We loved the beds & pillows. The shower was nice, not a tub shower combo but a nice big shower with glass doors & excellent water flow. The free hot breakfast the next morning was good, eggs, sausage, waffles, assorted pastries, & good hot coffee!! The morning staff was cheerful & pleasant. The hotel was quiet and was convenient beIng right off Hwy 78. We recommend this place highly!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Caligurrl61
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winfield
Holiday Inn Guin
#2 of 2 in Guin
No photo provided
Dragon INN & Suites
#1 of 2 in Fayette

Been to Hampton Inn Winfield? Share your experiences!