“Meh...”

Add it.
Boar's Butt
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We ate there twice over the weekend and Sunday lunch was def better than the evening meal on Friday night. Off the regular menu, the kids choices were limited fare for toddlers and not very good. My wife's meal and mine were okay, just nothing to write home about. On Sunday, its more a la carte, I guess and things were much tastier. Service was decent both times, but not remarkable. Was hoping for more since I had eaten at the original BBQ restaurant 20 years earlier but it was only OK.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

After traveling south to Fayette with my wife, we decided to go through Winfield on the way home and find a place to eat lunch Saturday, April 13th. What we had originally decided was to stop at a chain restaurant and get the usual burger or plate lunch. Then, realizing that we had been to Winfield for a few high school band competitions, decided to try, finally, this restaurant. We didn't realize what a treat we had missed on previous trips to Winfield! The restaurant decor is along the lines of Golden Rule or Cracker Barrel. Very pleasing and casual. But that's where the similairity ends! My wife ordered a BBQ sandwich w/ potato salad. I ordered the sirloin steak w/ green beans. The sandwich had plenty of meat and was on a large bun, not one of those skimpy ones you get at most places. The meat was very flavorful and tender! (I was privileged enough to get a bite, or two) and the potato salad was very good, even though we normally don't put onions in ours made at home. But the onions were not overpowering at all. If you like onions in your potato salad, then it was just the right amount, imo. My sirlion steak was ordered medium rare, and was cooked to perfection! It was just 'red enough' in the center, and seasoned 'just so'. If I eat a steak without any Heinz 57 or A1 sauce added, you know it was GOOD! The steak was cooked with just the right amount of grill marks, and was so tender, it literally melted in my mouth! The sweet tea was truly southern, and there was plenty of it. We were able to request a 'to go' cup to take with us. The servers were extremely friendly and courteous! We overheard another guest ask about the baked beans, so we asked our server if we could get a 'sample'. She was more than happy to oblige. Those beans were exceptional! The beans were of the brown sugar variety with some meat thrown in for seasoning. If that is your preference, be sure to order them! Don't forget to stop and browse their T-shirts (several colors/sizes and reasonably priced!). We bought two t-shirts!

1  Thank JDB6045
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Just enjoyed a wonderful lunch at Boar's Butt. They have a big menu with lots of options (including many that kids LOVE). I enjoyed the BBQ and fried okra. The atmosphere is just ok but the food is great!