“Hospitality and feel like home”
other traveller has booked this property

Review of Moose Is Inn B & B

Front of Bed and Breakfast
Large wrap around deck for your leisure. Room #2 with queen, twin and trundle, balcony and private bath with jetted tub
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Front of Bed and Breakfast
Large wrap around deck for your leisure.
Room #2 with queen, twin and trundle, balcony and private bath with jetted tub
all rooms have private baths, 3 with jetted tubs
Large open dining room and kitchen for guest use.
front living room
Dining room is surrounded by large pictue glass windows.
Full guest kitchen and bar
Our Friendly Moose Greeter!
Wayne on our commercial beach site coming in with a nice load of sockeye salmon!!
Our rustic beach site cabin
Fresh Sockey Salmon available for sale during the summer months.
Wayne with a king salmon we caught off our site
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Sharron35...
Rochester, New York
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed 2 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

I booked this because of the reviews on here and was very disappointed. I traveled with my senior parents and my teenage nephew. While this place was acceptable, I can not imagine how it gets anything more than 3 stars. Heidi was very nice but that isn't enough. The first appearance is of clutter al over the yard. It wasn't really clear as to where I should park so I just pulled to one side. We had to step over the dog to get up the stairs while carrying our luggage. We stayed in the downstairs suite. There are two beds in the bedroom and a day bed in the living area o the suite. Off the living area is a washer and dryer which we could use. However, so could everyone else staying there which meant they were walking through my bedroom. Also, her daughter came down in the morning while I was still in bed to get something out of a room they are using for storage. It was clean but not sparkling. There was mold in the shower, streaks on the mirror and soap scum under the faucet. I had to go searching for towels as there was only one bath towel put out. There were also lots of spots on the carpet. Breakfast was a continental breakfast including snack cakes and other unusual breakfast items like apple pie. It was fix your own and when I opened the refrigerator I was not sure what I was supposed to use as it looked like the family refrigerator. On the plus side, there is a beautiful deck that my parents used while my nephew and I were fishing for the day and there was lots of space to hang out. Overall, not the worst, but not a place I would go back to.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the deck
Liked least: breakfast and cleanliness
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
2 Aug 2013
We don't usaully rent the downstairs suite in July because we have so much going on and reserve it for family and commercial fishing employees, so it was probably not as clean as the upstiars rooms. My daughter did not know anyone was downstairs when she went downstairs to the other locked bedroom. When we have guests downstairs we don't use the washer and dryer so guests can have their privacy because we have another washer/ dryer on the other side of the house. So, I'm not sure who went downstairs to use the washer? The bedroom downstairs has its own lock on the door, but does open out into a livingroom. No one is allowed to go downstairs when it is rented so the use of the livingroom with the daybed, 2nd bathroom, laundry room and kitchenette is just a bonus to room #5. Our rates are the most affordable in the area, and most people like our friendly outside dog, Midnight. :) She is very friendly and only barks at moose and bears. We do commercial fish in the summer and have some fishing stuff outside, but we try to keep it as clutter free as possible in the ssummer months when we have guests. The refrigerator on the main level is for all the guests in all 5 of our rooms (usually only 4, but on this particular week we did rent #5). Sometimes we have larger families staying that use the refrigerator. So, yes, it is a family refrigerator, but not our families. We have a separate kitchen, refrigerator, etc.. Breakfast if continental, we leave breakfast sandwiches and hot pockets in the freezer, I leave milk, juice, eggs, yogurt, fruit and waffle toppings in the fridge. And I put out lots of donuts, muffins, granola bars, cereals, waffle mix, etc.. on the counter and leave it up to the guests to help themselves. It is hard to make a breakfast for guests who usually are here fishing and sometimes leave the house at 4 am. so I have found that most people are happy doing their own thing. Unfortunetly we can't please everyone, but we do our best and most people return yearly to stay with us.
GA

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Honolulu
Reviewed 21 February 2013 for a stay in June 2011

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$130
/ Night
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing