“It is what it is....”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 January 2014

My wife and I had a long lunch here while looking for something to do outside of a nearby resort (Hotel Intercontinental).

It was a bit of a clash coming from a high end resort to here. I have not doubt this causes people consternation. But it is what it is. Les Tipaniers is unpretentious. Think Florida Keys. They've been here forever, their clientele are generally french pensioners and vacationers with families. They have a gorgeous view, fair pricing on alcohol ( for the island ) and good food. We each had some sort of ceviche and it was a perfect lunch.

Yes there were kids running around, and the beach was a modern version of Lord of the Flies. But I couldn't complain. Outside, in the sun and breeze, looking across to Motu Tiahura.

Enjoyed it, would return.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We dined here last night. Had the escargot to start with & it was not exactly what I expected. Came out if the shell & in a cream sauce. I was not wow'd just yet. But then the entrees arrived. I had the char broiled lamb in a butter sauce & my husband had the steak with the mango chutney. Both excellent! And the sides were good too. We had the au gratin potatoes that were infused with garlic. The wine selection was great. You could order by bottle, carafe or glass & seemed reasonable for the price. Very close to IC. They will pick you up or you can walk if need be. We may be back for another meal.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

I went here in 2004 and stayed for 4 nights - it was wonderful and the food was very good. The little beach and the bar overlooking the sea are really something to behold. Lots of French there and odd American/other European. The little islands in the lagoon are great fun to row around and explore. The tropical fish and octopus we saw were very colourful and beautiful. This is paradise

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I had never heard of this till prepping for this trip. My husband had never eaten anything raw. We had three dinners here and three times ordered the Poisson Cru. It was delicious. Fresh and so tasty. We tried both versions in coconut milk and ginger.
Not sure if other people eat this as appetizer but it more than enough for a meal. We conked out after eating each time.
Kids had pizza and pasta which they seemed to also enjoy. Prices are as high as everything in Moorea.
Would not eat Poisson Cru anywhere else but here though. I saw people being shipped in to eat here so it must be good.
Fortunately smokers eat outside.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

we very much enjoyed a quiet dinner at Les Tipaniers restaurant. The fresh catch with a vanilla sauce was wonderful, so was the lasagna. They pick you up and drop you off from your hotel. The prices were more reasonable than at the hotels.