I travelled to Le tahaa resort and spa and stayed for 10 nights starting April 17th. It only rained half of the first day and then was beautiful and sunny from then on. I cannot say enough good things about this resort. The water was crystal clear, just beautiful shades of blue. I had the pleasure of staying in room #39 overwater bungalow. The water was always warm and came just to my neck. Perfect for floating in the waves and snorkeling. There are a lot of puffer fish and other small tropical fish that swim around the huts underneath by the big pillars that I fed every morning. I only had the pleasure of seeing one sting-ray though.
The rooms are massive and very polynesian feeling..and the tub was huge which I soaked in every night, and a small glass spot by the end of the bed to open and feed the fish.
I highly recommend checking out the coral gardens, ask the receptionist and they will point you towards the gardens, just make sure to wear water shoes as there is a bit of coral laying on the sand and under the water just as you enter. The coral gardens are massive and you wont believe all the fish that you find. That is definately a must!! As well make sure to take a boat to Chez Louise restaurant, its absolutely amazing, I have never had seafood so scrumptious in my life. Whatever they catch is what you get and it is to die for (around $50 per person). I had the pleasure of having crab, lobster, seared tuna in butter and a special raw fish salad. The sauces they were cooked in were delicious!!
Breakfast was great at the resort as well, opens at 7am at the resort. The waiters are even nice enough to give a plastic container to bring your breakfast back to your room to eat. Great room service as well as cleaning service. The ONLY con I would say is the beds are a little uncomfortable, but that could have been from my painful sunburn.
I met some amazing people. "Aro", he is the Safari Overland Tour guide as well as Jet Ski instructor. Such a sweet young man who is super funny and will take couples on a tour of the main island of Tahaa, I cannot stress enough, that everyone MUST go on this tour. Around $120 per person and I have never seen such a beautiful place in my life. Lush palm trees everywhere, if I were to win the lottery, Tahaa is where I would live, you have to see it to believe it. After many stops, he will bring you to a pearl farm, where you get a presentation on how pearls are farmed, as well as a trip to the vanilla plantation site, absolutely amazing, also a stop across from the pearl farm to buy little gifts and trinkets. You should meet his cute kitten, the little fella is adorable!
On the 2 hour jet ski trip, we even managed to see dolphins, as well as a round trip of the island to see all the resorts and one side of Raiatea. Gorgeous.
The food is also spectacular! Prices ranging from $15 to $35. Not that bad if you ask me, and it all tasted amazing. I recommend the Pina Colada mixed at the bar ($20) or the Tabu vodka beer. So yummy.
I have to say, I think this place tops Bora Bora. Bora Bora does have amazing blue waters that I have never seen before, just a little bit different from Tahaa, but overall after going to the main island of Tahaa, I think that is what won me over. I also got to taste the "fast food" on Tahaa's main island, and trust me, it is way better than our fast food here in Canada. Fried beef, chicken and fries, and all sorts of sauces I have never tasted before. And some kind of Raw fish salad with cream and lemon, just to die for.
But of course I wouldnt have been able to do this without Noy Siravantha, my travel agent with Tahiti Legends, who has helped me get to Tahaa, and as well as Bora Bora twice in the past year. All flights went smooth and were on time, and connecting flights couldn't have went smoother either. She is always there via email or phone to answer my questions, and trust me I asked a lot!
Thanks again for everyone at Le Tahaa Resort and spa for helping me enjoy my stay, thanks Aro and Noy!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome ! Ia Orana e Maeva !Part of the prestigious Relais & Châteaux collection,” Le Taha’a Island Resort and Spa “ welcomes you to a world of immaculate beauty, a timeless universe of refined authenticity. Located on the secluded Motu Tautau, facing the island of Taha’a on one side and the most perfect view of Bora Bora on the other side, the resort, inspired by traditional Polynesian architecture and style, hosts 60 remarkable suites and villas.Defined by the Relais & Chateaux philosophy, Le Taha’a is the promise of a total change of scenery, a way of life of its own, in harmony with its preserved environment, people and local culture.Welcome to Le Taha’a world… The ultimate Tahitian hideaway… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Prestigia, Travelbag, Agoda, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Le Taha'a Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Taha`a Island Resort And Spa
- Le Taha`a Island Hotel Tahaa
- Le Tahaa