“Will never forget!”

Le Taha'a Island Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Tahaa
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I travelled to Le tahaa resort and spa and stayed for 10 nights starting April 17th. It only rained half of the first day and then was beautiful and sunny from then on. I cannot say enough good things about this resort. The water was crystal clear, just beautiful shades of blue. I had the pleasure of staying in room #39 overwater bungalow. The water was always warm and came just to my neck. Perfect for floating in the waves and snorkeling. There are a lot of puffer fish and other small tropical fish that swim around the huts underneath by the big pillars that I fed every morning. I only had the pleasure of seeing one sting-ray though.

The rooms are massive and very polynesian feeling..and the tub was huge which I soaked in every night, and a small glass spot by the end of the bed to open and feed the fish.

I highly recommend checking out the coral gardens, ask the receptionist and they will point you towards the gardens, just make sure to wear water shoes as there is a bit of coral laying on the sand and under the water just as you enter. The coral gardens are massive and you wont believe all the fish that you find. That is definately a must!! As well make sure to take a boat to Chez Louise restaurant, its absolutely amazing, I have never had seafood so scrumptious in my life. Whatever they catch is what you get and it is to die for (around $50 per person). I had the pleasure of having crab, lobster, seared tuna in butter and a special raw fish salad. The sauces they were cooked in were delicious!!

Breakfast was great at the resort as well, opens at 7am at the resort. The waiters are even nice enough to give a plastic container to bring your breakfast back to your room to eat. Great room service as well as cleaning service. The ONLY con I would say is the beds are a little uncomfortable, but that could have been from my painful sunburn.

I met some amazing people. "Aro", he is the Safari Overland Tour guide as well as Jet Ski instructor. Such a sweet young man who is super funny and will take couples on a tour of the main island of Tahaa, I cannot stress enough, that everyone MUST go on this tour. Around $120 per person and I have never seen such a beautiful place in my life. Lush palm trees everywhere, if I were to win the lottery, Tahaa is where I would live, you have to see it to believe it. After many stops, he will bring you to a pearl farm, where you get a presentation on how pearls are farmed, as well as a trip to the vanilla plantation site, absolutely amazing, also a stop across from the pearl farm to buy little gifts and trinkets. You should meet his cute kitten, the little fella is adorable!

On the 2 hour jet ski trip, we even managed to see dolphins, as well as a round trip of the island to see all the resorts and one side of Raiatea. Gorgeous.

The food is also spectacular! Prices ranging from $15 to $35. Not that bad if you ask me, and it all tasted amazing. I recommend the Pina Colada mixed at the bar ($20) or the Tabu vodka beer. So yummy.

I have to say, I think this place tops Bora Bora. Bora Bora does have amazing blue waters that I have never seen before, just a little bit different from Tahaa, but overall after going to the main island of Tahaa, I think that is what won me over. I also got to taste the "fast food" on Tahaa's main island, and trust me, it is way better than our fast food here in Canada. Fried beef, chicken and fries, and all sorts of sauces I have never tasted before. And some kind of Raw fish salad with cream and lemon, just to die for.

But of course I wouldnt have been able to do this without Noy Siravantha, my travel agent with Tahiti Legends, who has helped me get to Tahaa, and as well as Bora Bora twice in the past year. All flights went smooth and were on time, and connecting flights couldn't have went smoother either. She is always there via email or phone to answer my questions, and trust me I asked a lot!

Thanks again for everyone at Le Tahaa Resort and spa for helping me enjoy my stay, thanks Aro and Noy!!!

Room Tip: bungalow #39 was great.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank Ericaboo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,458)

Reviewed 6 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at Le Taha'a for 12 days after staying at the Pearl in Bora Bora a few years prior, and had a fantastic time. The island is a quiet paradise, full of beauty and serenity.

What we particularly loved about Taha'a was the isolation, while having access to tours to adjacent islands. We took a few half-day trips to learn about how pearls are cultured and the history of French Polynesia. We loved our French guide who used to be a journalist on Raiatea.

The main island of Taha'a (the resort is on a motu) is not worth your visit; there's a neglected cruise ship harbor and not much else. Make sure if you take the (free) boat over that you go at least when the market is open; as that is fun. Of course, if you like to sail, Taha'a is a lot more interesting.

The resort itself is spacious, has a beautiful beach (we always found a quiet spot), a fantastic restaurant and a nice pool bar. The pool is lipless and gorgeous.

You can do standup paddle boarding, kayaking, snorkling (at the coral garden), swimming, just walking in the amazing lagoon - all included in the price of your stay.

The tough choice is whether to enjoy the view from your deck or go to the beach :-), or take an excursion.

One of our favorite things was a Jet Ski ride around the island of Taha'a. Insanely beautiful & exhilerating.

We loved the breakfast in particular (amazing) and while the dinner was great, after staying for week the choices seems limited and the special was repetitive.

I communicated any concerns I had to the hotel director who welcomed the feedback with a great attitude and promised to make any corrections.

I would definitely come back to Taha'a and hope that one day we can return, as it's a slice of paradise that is so amazingly beautiful, it has to be seen. The colors of the water and the sky are unrivaled. And we saw lots of our friend Humuhumunnukunukuapua.

I hope my neighbors, Jamie & John who will arrive for their honeymoon shortly will love it as much as we did.

Room Tip: There are rooms with a view on Bora Bora, which I assume are more expensive. All rooms seem wonderfu...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Natascha T
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Le Taha'a Resort was the most exotic place we stayed while in French Polynesia. The remoteness of being on its own island along with the incredible views, lush beauty of the resort, and fish filled coral gardens made this a top destination. The friendliness of the people and the wonder of the beauty made it memorable. We stayed in a private beach bungalow which I would highly recommend---beyond words! It made you feel like you were on your own private island. The sunrises and sunsets were amazing. We enjoyed a dive with Michel in Le Taha'a dive shop and had and amazing 4 + 4 tour of the island along with an ATV ride into the mountains. Our guide Aero was passionate and informative---great experience.

Room Tip: The private beach bungalow is a must, especially if you are staying over the water elsewhere in Fren...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Really nice resort, much calmer than the nearby Bora Bora resorts, which you see in the distance. Great food, awesome transvestite waiters, really soothing. However, the location itself is a notch below the amazing location of Bora Bora. So I suggest that you go to Taha'a first and then go to Bora Bora.

BTW you can easily skip the Taha'a Island excursion...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Georg H
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My husband researched and booked this hotel as a birthday gift, so I didn't know what to expect when we arrived. I was so pleasantly surprised! This hotel was amazing and far exceeded our expectations!! We had an over-the-water bungalow and it was something special. The property is very well kept. They offer everything you need: snorkel gear, kayaks, paddle boards, towels, etc. Dinner was expensive, but very good. We tried something new each night and weren't disappointed. If you are looking for some place to get away and unwind, this is it. Very relaxing and beautiful. And... the bluest water you'll ever see!

Room Tip: Over the water bungalows are worthwhile.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My husband and I had a beautiful three night stay at this gorgeous resort. A wonderful bungalow with good amenities and an amazing sunrise view. Next time I would take the sunset view but still loved this room. The staff were sensational. Kind, thoughtful and available. The spa massage was fantastic. The food was great and the Polynesian show was delightful. The songs, the dance and the inclusion of the guests in the dancing was fun but the highlight was the waiters and waitresses dancing and weren't they smashing! This is a very quiet and peaceful island. We loved every minute of it.

Room Tip: We stayed in the pontoon bungalow and it was great.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2014

If you are looking for a relaxing resort and stunning views, Le Taha'a is an excellent choice. The overwater bungalows are spacious, with spectacular views. We loved having easy access to the water, as well as an outdoor sitting area.

Although there isn't much coral right under the bungalows, the coral garden is an amazing place to snorkel. The current can be quite strong at times so a word of caution there. We did not have problems making our way against the current. And, like for any snorkeling experience, I would also read up on what not to touch.

There is a well appointed workout room, along with a tennis court, bocce ball, a volleyball net, and kayaks.

The hotel staff was friendly and the concierge service was very accommodating, whether it was for a car rental, diving, or other activity. I highly recommend visiting a vanilla plantation and a pearl farm on Taha'a. We were able to rent a car easily ad drive around. (4 hours was plenty of time, although we did not stop for lunch.)

Regarding food, I was not sure that my requesting gluten free food was understood by everyone, so if you are concerned about food allergies, I would definitely contact the chef and make sure your needs are understood. That being said, I didn't have any problems and simply avoided foods that I thought were risky. Lunch meals were a much better deal than dinner; we often had a late lunch and ordered room service.The breakfast buffet always was good, with a nice selection of pastries and hot food.

We did see rain most days but there was also plenty of good weather. Because it was wet, we did have to use bug spray, especially in the evening.

This was a return visit and we're looking forward to coming back in the future!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Windy327
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tahaa
12 mi away
Conrad Bora Bora Nui
Conrad Bora Bora Nui
#4 of 17 in Bora Bora
Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Le Taha'a Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!