“Idyllic”

Le Taha'a Island Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Tahaa
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Exactly what you'd expect for an Eden in the middle of nowhere. We went to 3 Islands on our honeymoon, Tahaa being one of them, and the best, most comfortable, most beautiful one. Amazing atmosphere, great staff, lovely rooms, good food, not stuck up and very boutique. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Bungalows, bungalows, bungalows, what else?
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Natalie K
Write a ReviewReviews (1,462)

Reviewed 11 May 2014

My wife and I did this very long trip for my 60th birthday. The resort is very well maintained and is in a perfect location. Overwater bungalows are very private. We had an end bungalow with sunset view. The people are extremely nice and friendly. The only thing I found a bit strange is the restaurant which is very dark and closed. The sides are open but it gives a closed feeling. With such beautiful beach areas it's too bad that they don't have it outside by the water. Otherwise it's a beautiful resort.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank IstanbulSenator1
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Our first experience in an over water bungalow at the Relais and Chateaux Le Taha’a Resort and Spa was fantastic. We arrived late at night to find our beautiful bure all decorated in flowers with cold champagne. Great night for room service!

The hotel arranged a 4X4 excursion around Taha’a island for us. The guide was hilarious and knowledgeable; a real showman. He surprised us with a Tahitian picnic consisting of local bananas, starfruit and grapefruit. He husked and cracked us a coconut and we drank the delicious milk, then ate the coconut. He made our plate from wild hibiscus leaves and the tray he weaved from palm leaves. He played the handmade flute he carved out of the branch of a wild hibiscus tree. Picked and surprisingly placed a hibiscus in my hair. We had a blast! Only the tree of us. We visited a pearl farm and a vanilla plantation. Of course, we bought some of the famous Taha’a vanilla beans to bring home for making ice cream!

The property, grounds, gardens, beach were all pristine, clean and immaculate.

Snorkeling in the property’s coral gardens was fun. A must-do!

The service at Le Taha’a was attentive and friendly; however some of the staff were inexperienced. The breakfasts were fantastic. A wide selection of food. You won't be disappointed.

The meals were also very good and very good value. One night we just ate in the bar and it was just great.

The hotel pearl shop was surprisingly well priced, along with exceptional quality. You won't go wrong getting your pearl there. My wife had already bought a pearl in Moorea otherwise she would have bought her pearl there.

We booked our trip through Pacific For Less.Ask for Jennifer. She did a great job. Everything worked out as planned. When we arrived at the airport the hotel boat was waiting. No worries. They provided good value.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Randy M
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I travelled to Le tahaa resort and spa and stayed for 10 nights starting April 17th. It only rained half of the first day and then was beautiful and sunny from then on. I cannot say enough good things about this resort. The water was crystal clear, just beautiful shades of blue. I had the pleasure of staying in room #39 overwater bungalow. The water was always warm and came just to my neck. Perfect for floating in the waves and snorkeling. There are a lot of puffer fish and other small tropical fish that swim around the huts underneath by the big pillars that I fed every morning. I only had the pleasure of seeing one sting-ray though.

The rooms are massive and very polynesian feeling..and the tub was huge which I soaked in every night, and a small glass spot by the end of the bed to open and feed the fish.

I highly recommend checking out the coral gardens, ask the receptionist and they will point you towards the gardens, just make sure to wear water shoes as there is a bit of coral laying on the sand and under the water just as you enter. The coral gardens are massive and you wont believe all the fish that you find. That is definately a must!! As well make sure to take a boat to Chez Louise restaurant, its absolutely amazing, I have never had seafood so scrumptious in my life. Whatever they catch is what you get and it is to die for (around $50 per person). I had the pleasure of having crab, lobster, seared tuna in butter and a special raw fish salad. The sauces they were cooked in were delicious!!

Breakfast was great at the resort as well, opens at 7am at the resort. The waiters are even nice enough to give a plastic container to bring your breakfast back to your room to eat. Great room service as well as cleaning service. The ONLY con I would say is the beds are a little uncomfortable, but that could have been from my painful sunburn.

I met some amazing people. "Aro", he is the Safari Overland Tour guide as well as Jet Ski instructor. Such a sweet young man who is super funny and will take couples on a tour of the main island of Tahaa, I cannot stress enough, that everyone MUST go on this tour. Around $120 per person and I have never seen such a beautiful place in my life. Lush palm trees everywhere, if I were to win the lottery, Tahaa is where I would live, you have to see it to believe it. After many stops, he will bring you to a pearl farm, where you get a presentation on how pearls are farmed, as well as a trip to the vanilla plantation site, absolutely amazing, also a stop across from the pearl farm to buy little gifts and trinkets. You should meet his cute kitten, the little fella is adorable!

On the 2 hour jet ski trip, we even managed to see dolphins, as well as a round trip of the island to see all the resorts and one side of Raiatea. Gorgeous.

The food is also spectacular! Prices ranging from $15 to $35. Not that bad if you ask me, and it all tasted amazing. I recommend the Pina Colada mixed at the bar ($20) or the Tabu vodka beer. So yummy.

I have to say, I think this place tops Bora Bora. Bora Bora does have amazing blue waters that I have never seen before, just a little bit different from Tahaa, but overall after going to the main island of Tahaa, I think that is what won me over. I also got to taste the "fast food" on Tahaa's main island, and trust me, it is way better than our fast food here in Canada. Fried beef, chicken and fries, and all sorts of sauces I have never tasted before. And some kind of Raw fish salad with cream and lemon, just to die for.

But of course I wouldnt have been able to do this without Noy Siravantha, my travel agent with Tahiti Legends, who has helped me get to Tahaa, and as well as Bora Bora twice in the past year. All flights went smooth and were on time, and connecting flights couldn't have went smoother either. She is always there via email or phone to answer my questions, and trust me I asked a lot!

Thanks again for everyone at Le Tahaa Resort and spa for helping me enjoy my stay, thanks Aro and Noy!!!

Room Tip: bungalow #39 was great.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank Ericaboo
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at Le Taha'a for 12 days after staying at the Pearl in Bora Bora a few years prior, and had a fantastic time. The island is a quiet paradise, full of beauty and serenity.

What we particularly loved about Taha'a was the isolation, while having access to tours to adjacent islands. We took a few half-day trips to learn about how pearls are cultured and the history of French Polynesia. We loved our French guide who used to be a journalist on Raiatea.

The main island of Taha'a (the resort is on a motu) is not worth your visit; there's a neglected cruise ship harbor and not much else. Make sure if you take the (free) boat over that you go at least when the market is open; as that is fun. Of course, if you like to sail, Taha'a is a lot more interesting.

The resort itself is spacious, has a beautiful beach (we always found a quiet spot), a fantastic restaurant and a nice pool bar. The pool is lipless and gorgeous.

You can do standup paddle boarding, kayaking, snorkling (at the coral garden), swimming, just walking in the amazing lagoon - all included in the price of your stay.

The tough choice is whether to enjoy the view from your deck or go to the beach :-), or take an excursion.

One of our favorite things was a Jet Ski ride around the island of Taha'a. Insanely beautiful & exhilerating.

We loved the breakfast in particular (amazing) and while the dinner was great, after staying for week the choices seems limited and the special was repetitive.

I communicated any concerns I had to the hotel director who welcomed the feedback with a great attitude and promised to make any corrections.

I would definitely come back to Taha'a and hope that one day we can return, as it's a slice of paradise that is so amazingly beautiful, it has to be seen. The colors of the water and the sky are unrivaled. And we saw lots of our friend Humuhumunnukunukuapua.

I hope my neighbors, Jamie & John who will arrive for their honeymoon shortly will love it as much as we did.

Room Tip: There are rooms with a view on Bora Bora, which I assume are more expensive. All rooms seem wonderfu...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Natascha T
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Le Taha'a Resort was the most exotic place we stayed while in French Polynesia. The remoteness of being on its own island along with the incredible views, lush beauty of the resort, and fish filled coral gardens made this a top destination. The friendliness of the people and the wonder of the beauty made it memorable. We stayed in a private beach bungalow which I would highly recommend---beyond words! It made you feel like you were on your own private island. The sunrises and sunsets were amazing. We enjoyed a dive with Michel in Le Taha'a dive shop and had and amazing 4 + 4 tour of the island along with an ATV ride into the mountains. Our guide Aero was passionate and informative---great experience.

Room Tip: The private beach bungalow is a must, especially if you are staying over the water elsewhere in Fren...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Really nice resort, much calmer than the nearby Bora Bora resorts, which you see in the distance. Great food, awesome transvestite waiters, really soothing. However, the location itself is a notch below the amazing location of Bora Bora. So I suggest that you go to Taha'a first and then go to Bora Bora.

BTW you can easily skip the Taha'a Island excursion...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Georg H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tahaa
12 mi away
Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora
Conrad Bora Bora Nui
Conrad Bora Bora Nui
#2 of 17 in Bora Bora

Been to Le Taha'a Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!