This resort is NOT a 5* resort, we will max give it 3* (3*+ for being on the water).
The room is worn, old and it smells like old home. The fridge is bad. It can barely keep things cold.
The resort is not cared for and it looks very grubby. We went for a walk along the beach and it looked like a junkyard with old tree leaves, empty coconut shells etc. thrown into huge piles. Some of the staff really looks like someone who is tired of being here.
One day for example, we ordered a dish for breakfast which normally goes with rice. After a while the waitress tells us that they are out of rice and offers us a salad or French fries as garniture but since the dish was a wok and it normally goes with rice I preferred the rice or another dish. We told the waitress but she asked us several times if we could not settle with salad or French fries because the dish has already been cooked. The supervisor (the man who always goes around when we eat, and asks us if everything is ok) overruled the chef and waitress and handled the problem by offering us another dish. I think it’s reprehensible that I hardly could switch to another court because I could not get what I had ordered. It’s like ordering a cheeseburger and get one without the cheese.
One end of the pool looks like something is about to come apart. Wooden boards are crooked and sticking up. Somewhere there is also a nail sticking out which was pointed by another guest to an employee.
We chatted with some guests from the United States that also like us came from the Four Seasons in Bora Bora and they had the same impression as us about the standard of the resort. It was actually nice to hear that it was not just us who think it's a lower standard than it pretends to be! We have also heard from others on the island (Taha’a) that many of the resort's guests are dissatisfied with it and that it is not 5* worthy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome ! Ia Orana e Maeva !Part of the prestigious Relais & Châteaux collection,” Le Taha’a Island Resort and Spa “ welcomes you to a world of immaculate beauty, a timeless universe of refined authenticity. Located on the secluded Motu Tautau, facing the island of Taha’a on one side and the most perfect view of Bora Bora on the other side, the resort, inspired by traditional Polynesian architecture and style, hosts 60 remarkable suites and villas.Defined by the Relais & Chateaux philosophy, Le Taha’a is the promise of a total change of scenery, a way of life of its own, in harmony with its preserved environment, people and local culture.Welcome to Le Taha’a world… The ultimate Tahitian hideaway… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Prestigia, Odigeo, Agoda, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and HotelsClick so you can book your Le Taha'a Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Taha`a Island Resort And Spa
- Le Taha`a Island Hotel Tahaa
- Le Tahaa