Amuri Guesthouse
Cancelon
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 April 2012

the amuri guesthouse was included in our package which we booked, while we were in rarotonga. it was the best decision we could choose. the owner are very kind and helpful, picked us up at the airport and offered a breakfast, although it wasnt included in the prize. we had 2 clean double rooms and also the shared bathrooms were clean and spacious.
a small supermarket an open kitchen with great food as well as the beach is just a couple of mins walk away. we were allowd to use the barbecue on our last evening and spent a few wonderful days at the amuri.
if it wouldnt be that far, from where i live i would love to come back one day.... :-)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank nettinhh
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Hi I was a guest in Aitutaki earlier this year and spent time with the hosts at Amuri Guest House. I have just built their website, please go take a look at www.amuri-aitutaki.com and see more details and photos of their accommodation.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Gillian M
Reviewed 12 September 2011

It was long time ago: march 1995. But I will never forget!
Perfect location, clean and nice. Unfortunately we booked a longer period in another bb and had to stay shorter here. If I will go back with my family one day I will stay surely here.
----------------------------------------------------

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 4 September 2011

It's only once you leave and try other accommodation in the cook islands that you realize what a great bargain this is.
Maraiti and Nga do a great job to make you feel welcome and get you the best deals on the island for activities. They know everyone and so can do this relatively easily for you.
A very clean basic room is all you need as you spend most of the time exploring this beautiful island.
With fresh fruit provided free for breakfast you couldn't ask for too much more from your accommodation.
Absolutely loved it and can't wait to return

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank bashies
Reviewed 8 April 2011

Arriving from Rarotonga to this amazing island felt like a dream, I was greetinga t he airport by Nga who kindly gave me information on the trip in the van to the Guesthouse. What i loved is that everyone knew who everyone is and every one shouts out hello....

On arrival I realised from what Nga said, that this was to be treated as a home.... there was a full house of people from all over the world.. all there for differnet reasons... some stayed for a few day some planned to but could not bear to leave!

The Rooms themselves were suitable and I had lost my snobbiness by that time about Air-Con... it hardly exists in this type of accomodation. One thing to remember is that this place is a number 1 honeymoon destination and understandably so... do not be deterred though as the solo traveller can have just as much enjoyment. The Place is so peaceful and chilled out. I was unable to find a push bike to rent as wanted to cycle but Maraiti klidly leant me his scooter to explore the island... which took a good day of leisurely driving around.. stopping for lunch or a swim!

One thing not to miss is a Lagoon Cruise, Nga can recommend the best trips without getting ripped off! She wants her guests to enjoy the island just as much as the honeymooners! And was not dissapointed with TEKING's ... he's a great guy and fully informative.. the Lagoon is 12 by 15k so on that scale he knows the best places to take you..... without doubt one ofthe most amazing experiences .. to date.. oh and don't forget your passport! 1 Foot Island stamp!

While the island is amazing for the solo traveller... this is a wonderful place to stay, I felt safe and comfortable. I get bored quite quickly so 3 days was long enough there for me.. but if you like doing nothign for a week and can get to the middle of nowhere.... GO Go Go!! Do Not Forget your Mosquito spray though!!! Pesky things!

A big thank you to Nga and Maraiti who made my trip also....x

Room Tip: Ask Nga anything she knows everyone and can help!
  • Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo